Luanshya and nostalgia

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Luanshya and nostalgia

Postby Of Eleventh Street » 15th June 2015, 21:53

Dear Zambia,
As a fresh university graduate in the 70's I found myself in an immaculate clean town of Luanshya at Roan Antelope Mines under Human Resources Department (Industrial Relations). It was my first time being anywhere in the Copperbelt all I was conversant with were Lusaka and Southern Provinces! As it were mine employees had social amenities providing fora for interaction. My favorite was the Roan Main Club where I got very close to an elderly doorman with lots of wit and wisdom! I am full of nostalgia recollecting his signature advice to me each time I was signing into the club "Mwana wandi wikesha ukufwaya mwanakashi waku Mikomfwa! Ukanjebe ngawafwaya ukupa. Uleichindika fye!" My oh my! I recall the times and miss the oldman who I believe must have passed on long ago! But here I am, I tend to think a lot about him, I had colleagues I associated with then who all had women from Mikomfwa but now are all no more! Life and nostalgia!
Of Eleventh Street

Re: Luanshya and nostalgia

Postby Anoya Zulu secondary school alumni » 15th June 2015, 22:48

"Mwana wandi wikesha ukufwaya mwanakashi waku Mikomfwa! Ukanjebe ngawafwaya ukupa. Uleichindika fye!"

So for those of us who were not blessed by the hand of God himself to allow us comprehension of what you just wrote, are you going to let us hang there and take your secret to the grave?

/
Anoya Zulu secondary school alumni

Return to Hospitals & Clinics