Before maize was imported into Africa what did our ancestors

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Before maize was imported into Africa what did our ancestors

Postby simply » 1st May 2018, 06:49

Dear Zambia,

God knows I love nsima to death. But still the thought lingers in the back of my head. What did my ancestors eat before maize? Did they make nsima with cassava? I hate cassava nsima. Did they make nsima with millet? Sorghum perhaps? I hate any kind of nsima except true and tested maize nsima.

I have such a strong affinity with our African ancestors. But damn, them bastards what kind of crap did they eat before maize was introduced to Africa by the Europeans?

For those of you who are ignorant on the subject, maize was first domesticated by humans in modern day southern Mexico. The Europeans landed in the Americas sometime in the 13th century. So at the very least our ancestors here in Zambia did not have the leisure of tasting maize nsima until the mid 1400s. Maybe much later.

To hell with that. I cannot imagine life without maize nsima. That is the honest to God's truth!
simply

Re: Before maize was imported into Africa what did our ances

Postby simply » 2nd May 2018, 09:49

Bernard my friend, thank you!

I was afraid of that response. I think I've tried nsima made from cassava only twice. I almost buffed both times. I'm so desperate to find that connection with our ancestors but cassava nsima simply won't do it.

I'm a maize nsima man to the core. I cannot change who I am. My great Zambian ancestors notwithstanding.
simply

Postby Mr M.K. » 2nd May 2018, 11:09

Whoever you are, you are just expressing your childshness and lack of appreciation to God's provision. God was not foolish to bring out all He created.
Mr M.K.

Postby simply » 2nd May 2018, 13:55

Mister,
I wish you all the best. What ever your problem might be.
simply

Return to Eating places (Restaurants, fast-food, etc.)