Lamimosa Coffee Shop - Arcades

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Lamimosa Coffee Shop - Arcades

Postby Paul » 23rd July 2010, 15:54

Dear Zambia,

I am so shocked and put off by the attitude of one particular waiter at this establishment. Walked in about an hour ago to have a coffee and do a bit of work while waiting for a friend of mine. When I came in, I asked this same waiter to come clean up the table where I was seated so that I could set up my laptop, make an order and start working.
He signaled to me saying that he would be with me shortly and walked out to serve other customers. It wasn’t until some 30mins later and several trips to and from the counter and the customers outside by the same waiter that I got so pissed off and asked what was happening. He didn’t even bother to stop but simply walked past me and told one of his fellow waiters to come serve my table!

Asked the guy who finally came over to clean my table and take my order why his friend was behaving like that to customers. This waiter apologized for his friend’s appalling behavior and said that maybe it’s because the friend was completing his shift.

Meanwhile, some white lady had walked in and sat on the table next to me. She kept on signaling to the waitrons to come take her order but she was simply being ignored. After several futile attempts, she finally gave up and picked her bags and was about to walk out when I asked what she thought of the service.
She told me that the service was usually good, especially in the morning but this time she was simply appalled and was going to another place within Arcades to have her coffee! I then advised her to go online and get to deazambia.com and express her views about the kind of service she had just received and any other, both good and bad. She said she would gladly do so – and am sure hoping she does!
Paul

Re: Lamimosa Coffee Shop - Arcades

Postby Luka » 23rd July 2010, 17:34

Bad waiters, but at least they are not racist. It's good they also have good ones there who can even apologize for their silly friends.
Luka

Re: Lamimosa Coffee Shop - Arcades

Postby Chitundu » 23rd July 2010, 17:39

Luka,, you sound like co-owner of Lamimosa. hey girlfriend, nothing wrong with standing up for what's yours.
Just tell your waiters to brush their teeth or chew some mint gum before they bend over to speak to the customers, will you?
Chitundu

Return to Eating places (Restaurants, fast-food, etc.)