KAPENTA

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

KAPENTA

Postby Njala » 4th May 2011, 20:48

Dear Zambia,

I read on another thread someone mentioned kapenta. All of a sudden I got hungry and wanted to eat a big lump of nshima with kapenta. The only problem is that I can't find genuine kapenta here where I live. If I send someone some cash in Zambia, can you please mail me some kapenta? I can trust you on your word. But if you eat my money I will put a witchcraft spell on you. You will grow a sixth finger on each hand. Seriously. Any takers on this business deal proposal?

There will be a small fee for your trouble. How does K10,000 sound? I'm cheap, I know. But K10,000 for doing almost nothing. That's not too bad. Just walk to the market, buy kapenta, wrap it up in an air-tight container (so customs here will not smell it) and walk to the post office and mail it to me. Hmm, now it's beginning to sound like a load of labour involved. How about I make it K100,000 for your trouble? How's that? any takers?
Njala

Re: KAPENTA

Postby Nigerian businessman » 4th May 2011, 22:17

Can i give you my account number so that you can send the money to me, you can trust me. just to let you know, there is currently a shortage of kapenta due to fishermen strikes at the moment so as you can gather the price has gone up slightly. a kg will now set you back about k500,000, but i know a guy who can supply at k450,000. your total bill comes to k450,000 plus k100,000 commission and k200,000 postage.
Nigerian businessman

Postby Njala » 4th May 2011, 23:42

So for total of about K750,000, I can be enjoying nshima with kapenta at my dinner table, in a matter of a few short weeks. Now things are really cooking,,, in a manner of speaking. And as an added bonus, you are a Nigerian. The beacon of trustworthiness on the entire African continent.

As a businessman, I am sure you will find my next proposal irresistible. I will sweeten this deal in your favor. Buy me a kg of the finest kapenta money can buy, ship it to me at your expense. When I get the package I will wire you $300 american. How is that? We are talking K1.5 million. That's more than double what you will spend. A 100+% profit for you, my good man.

I told you, my proposal is irresistible.
Njala

Postby Guest » 5th May 2011, 09:24

some postings yenangu mwandi!!!

Postby Rudenudedude » 5th May 2011, 12:59

how about you go fishing for kapenta your self.....kuli bonesha taaa we start DHLing ur bosom kapenta shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Rudenudedude

Postby Rogue Trader » 5th May 2011, 15:51

Njala

You must be a horrible person! How else does one explain the fact that you don't appear to have family, relatives, friends or old school mates to send you the stuff?
Rogue Trader

Postby Njala » 5th May 2011, 16:25

iwe chi Rogue,
never mind about my relatives and friends. It's a long story. Are you proposing to buy the kapenta for me?
Njala

Postby Chitunguza » 28th September 2012, 03:56

I just came back from the Zambia online homepage. There is a picture of fresh kapenta and now my hungry belly is growling. at least I think it's fresh kapenta. It may be dry, I cannot be very certain. I have beer goggles right now. But the kapenta looks plump so..
Chitunguza

Return to Eating places (Restaurants, fast-food, etc.)