MIKES KITCHEN

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Re: MIKES KITCHEN

Postby Guest » 18th July 2011, 15:48

pork is equal to pig
a pig for its food will was drill its nose into the ground sniffing and looking for food.
so porking in this case is refairs to the behaviour of involving yourself in other peoples business. its not a kind work, so you better not use it , reason

Postby Rogue Trader » 18th July 2011, 20:29

During my visits to Lusaka, I have been to Mike's kitchen and been quite impressed by the quality of their food and service. It takes time to receive one's food but certainly not an hour. To be honest, I'd be quite worried if a well done leg of lamb, rump steak or spareribs were served within 10 to 15 minutes.

I think Mike Kitchen's serving time is favourably comparable to other restaurants of similar standard. Am I guilty of accepting 'inferior service'?
Rogue Trader

Postby Panga » 18th July 2011, 20:43

Not guilty, ba Rogue. You are a real gentleman. It's just that some of us aren't. when we walk into a restaurant, we are at a point when our stomach is growling for food. We can't wait another minute.

To my fellow hungry men of questionable gentility, I suggest you do as I do. Bring something to munch on. I usually throw a handful of roasted dry maize in my pocket so I don't have to harass the waiters about my food being late. You see.
Panga

Postby madea » 18th July 2011, 21:29

The service is pathetic one has to plead for a bill. Food is lousy! Can't wait for Spur to open.
madea

Postby Confused » 18th July 2011, 22:03

If you ask me, the Rogue Trader and Madam Madea do not agree on the definition of good food.
Confused

Postby msankwa » 18th July 2011, 22:12

rogue trader,
the answer 2 your question according to some snotty bounty hunter clown is yes
msankwa

Postby Koka » 18th July 2011, 22:25

I see some of you are still struggling to understand that taste is subjective. You should not point a finger and accuse each other of inferiority in taste. It is nonsensical. I have seen Frenchmen eat their snails and believe me it's not a sight for the faint of heart among us Zambians. But them French think snails are exquisite cuisine. Who are you to say the French are inferior because they eat snails?

I remember the first time I eat a mouse in front of my white friend. We call them white but they are really sorta pink. But that day his face turned white like a sheet of paper. He was about to faint, seeing me eat that mouse head first and crunching the bones and hair all in one munching motion. The next time I saw him, he refused to believe that what he had seen was real. He preferred to think that he had had a bad dream about me eating that mouse. He said if he starts to believe that I had eaten that mouse, what is he going to believe next? That witches can fly?

You see? People's tastes are different. You should never judge a man by what he likes to eat.
Koka

Postby Pudgy » 15th June 2013, 00:12

Is this joint still in business or did it go belly up?
Pudgy

Previous Page

Return to Eating places (Restaurants, fast-food, etc.)