MIKES KITCHEN

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

MIKES KITCHEN

Postby MUSONDA » 9th July 2010, 09:28

Dear Zambia,
The Place is very nice but the workers are not trained in my view are this has contributed to the service being very bad. If you want to have a meal it will take 45min from ordering to an hour. When you order a drink it takes ages to be served. Please this Place will soon lose its credible customers. The owner needs to do something and fast. The meals are great that I can tell you
MUSONDA

Re: MIKES KITCHEN

Postby Monica » 19th July 2010, 13:48

I agree with you Musonda, Mike's kitchen is nice but it takes 1 hour for your order to be ready....the stuff there need to pull up their socks!!!!
Monica

Postby Mukulaikwa » 29th July 2010, 11:35

I was in there Friday the 23rd of July 2010 at around 18hrs. I was served pretty quickly, the waiter informed that my meal would take about 20 minutes, it came in 15. The guy was very nice, friendly...i had a pretty good experience generally. I think that though some of these places may not have the best service, some credit should be given at times. I think those guys are ok, not spectacular, but ok.
Mukulaikwa

Postby ¶Ąß » 29th July 2010, 18:22

Monica dear,

I think you meant to write "staff", not "stuff". The staff are the personnel who assist a manager or director of a facility. Stuff on the other hand, is something unholy, shall we say :)
¶Ąß

Postby Katrina » 3rd August 2010, 14:18

I agree with Musonda and Monica the service there is poor. I have been there on three occassions and i must say i have vowed not go there again. I was totally disappointed on all ocassions.You wait for hours before before you are served and you literally beg for waiters to attend to a table.
Katrina

Postby Stephen » 3rd August 2010, 16:47

Katrina,

three occasions?? you don't say! I am sure after that first visit the kitchen, something good must have pulled you back. And even after the second time, it was too delicious to resist a third visit. Now therein lies the mystery. What happened on your third visit? It's anyone's guess. My own guess is you skipped out without paying. So not unnaturally, you cannot show your face there ever again without risking capture by the bouncers.
Stephen

Postby katrina » 4th August 2010, 17:02

Lol! so funny...let me unwrap the mystery..the first time i went there out of curiosity then on the last two went with a different set of friends and it was there first time being there and naturally after my pleas fell on deaf ears i thought may be experience would be their best teacher and it was..all in all, i must say i was in great company all the while i was there..but no more visits no matter how good the company is.
katrina

Postby Truth » 12th September 2010, 11:23

I have nothing to lose coz i speak the truth en i hope Mikes Mgt picks up something

The service is bad at Mikes Kitchen en i mean extremely bad

Ive been there 3times as well

1st was wen they just opened so i let them off the hook coz its a norm to get bad service at newly opened hot spot coz of the volumes and the staff are under pressure

The 2nd we were shopin at spar en decided 2pop in 4 lunch en oso coz my daugter kept on askin about the trampolinez frm the 1st time we went dere

The 3rd time we went 2watch soccer coz all the other places were full as we had run a bit late on kick off time

Experiences
1st tym - like i say off da hook ended up getting doggy bags 4the entire order - only my daugter was pleasd frm all the jumpin en playstation bt dint help her much either as the effects now dawnd on her as she startd cryin 4food in the car on our way home after running out of energy

2nd time no excuse coz it wasnt busy and drinks took 4ever en we actualy watched our food get cold en dry up on the dispatch tray or wateva its called we had a blonde waitres who kept on worrying abt her make up en nails then the so called famous ribs were soggy en not marinted at all 4me dat was it

3rd time had no choice bt even afta given the circumstances Mikes still failed me - we said wat da heck jus a soccer game a couple beers chicken wings en sam cheese bread - 2rounds of drinks 45min inda game stil no cheese bread en wings then afta askin the waiter we were told dat the bread has run out - so why cnt uget it frm spar? - dah ah actualy dats wher we buy from ws the reply - eventualy had it in 2nd half with the cold waitin wings - dint botha much coz ws focused on soccer bt point is those r the basics - starters! If u cnt get them right ucnt get the rest right

I agree with others staff nid proper training only 1 or 2 good guys i tink poached frm ocean basket the rest are Zombies en bimbos - evn the looks of the owner very un presentable walking bear foot with his son in restaurant not good - keep the PS en tramps in good condition coz its the kids who bring back busines to the joint
Truth

Postby tikambe » 12th September 2010, 11:28

Mike kitchen has invested in making the place fancy and forgetton d reason there in business.the service is poor and2top it all,the food is not well prepared
tikambe

Postby Big 1 » 15th September 2010, 18:04

Interestingly, Mike's Kitchen is a "tale of two service levels" There are two BRILLIANT waiters and a bunch of Dodos! The two guys make you feel like royalty and know the meaning of the word "waiter" - they wait on you and are sharp enough to make suggestions regarding the menu. The rest are utterly useless! I've had the best and worst of both worlds - first couple of visits; sheer bliss. Last couple of times; don't ask. Wouldn't go back there again if it wasn't for the kids demanding regular visits. Mike's Kitchen needs to hire just a couple more guys as good as their two high-flying waiters; heck they can afford it with all the business that they have coming their way!
Big 1

Postby Deep » 15th September 2010, 18:16

i bet the dodos are relatives of the owner. That is why they haven't been fired. Wako ni wako is alive and well in Zambia
Deep

Postby Tired Zambian » 17th September 2010, 14:28

I think it must be times...i have been there several times and the food was excellent. sometimes the waiters were too busy talking amongst themselves but then, where else do you not find this? i eat out a lot, i could even be a food critic!!! but i can say that mike's kitchen is still operating ok. i even get the waiter asking me if the meal was to my satisfaction, and yes even though some foods take longer to prepare than others, at all times the portions were too big for me to finish on my own. i'll definetely go there again!
Tired Zambian

Postby Sela » 17th September 2010, 16:53

Tired Zambian

I think you are one of those fortunate Zambians who is blessed with low standards and mediocre expectations. You don't ask for extravagancy. You don't ask for the best. You don't sweat the small crap. Cheap and shoddy is a pleasure to you. You are very lucky.

Not like that gang leader of 25 ladies who posted here once demanding they be treated like queens by a restaurants. Those 25 ladies will be miserable for the rest of their lives.

You one the other hand, life will always smile at you because no service can be too crappy for you. You take anything dished to you with a smile and a positive attitude. Forget food critiquing. Consider motivational speaking. To teach people how to be happy in life. I am serious, no bull s***
Sela

Postby Truth » 19th September 2010, 19:02

Tired Zambian i agree with Sela for the bucks am paying at Mikes there must not be a spot on the floor i used 2get quicker service at town center despite the price and enviroment at least there if they drop a catch you can live with it coz dats wat you are paying for
Truth

Postby Teddy » 15th July 2011, 08:10

I was Ice Cream at Mike's Kitchen. Everything went well until I bit into a fingernail. Geezus! I was ruined for the entire day. Giving me the ice cream for free did not make anything better. I did not get an apology from the head chef or manager or owner. They all seemed to have been hiding somewhere in the back.
Teddy

Postby Marcus » 15th July 2011, 08:45

I feel your pain all of you who've had sad experiences at Mike's kitchen. I guess I haven't been noticing their alleged bad service because I have been there countless times and I generally have never had any bad experience with them.Honestly.This is not to say they are perfect and I know there's always room for improvement but Mike's Kitchen happens to be one of my favourite eating places in Lusaka.Maybe I never notice their delays in bringing the food because I always start my dinning with some Castle first and like tired zambian posted last year, I also fail to finnish their big portions most times. Mike's Kitchen is OK
Marcus

Postby Bounty Hunter » 18th July 2011, 03:59

Marcus wrote :
> I feel your pain all of you who've had sad experiences at Mike's kitchen. I
> guess I haven't been noticing their alleged bad service because I have been
> there countless times and I generally have never had any bad experience
> with them.Honestly.This is not to say they are perfect and I know there's
> always room for improvement but Mike's Kitchen happens to be one of my
> favourite eating places in Lusaka.Maybe I never notice their delays in
> bringing the food because I always start my dinning with some Castle first
> and like tired zambian posted last year, I also fail to finnish their big
> portions most times. Mike's Kitchen is OK

it seems you are someone who is content with going through life like a random molecule. what might be okay for is certainly not good at for 99 per cent of the contributors and that puts you in the minority in this case. dont champion mediocrity please sweets okay?
Bounty Hunter

Postby marcus » 18th July 2011, 09:26

no1 here is championing mediocrity or advocating sub standard service thats why we are here @ DZ. i have lived a quarter of my life in a cosmopolitan city, believe me i know what excellence is. and what order takes 1 hour to prepapre at a restaurant? a whole cow?
marcus

Postby counselor » 18th July 2011, 15:33

you people should learn to cook in your homes , you like porking into other peoples kitchen, leave mikes kitchen alone , your kitchens are even more pathetic
counselor

Postby Reason » 18th July 2011, 15:42

Counselor,

What is to pork?
Reason

Next Page

Return to Eating places (Restaurants, fast-food, etc.)