New Restaurant in Ontario Shopping Center, Freetown, Kitwe

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

New Restaurant in Ontario Shopping Center, Freetown, Kitwe

Postby ADRIAAN WESSELS » 9th February 2012, 09:57

Dear Zambia,

Allot of the Zambian people do not know that this restaurant is there, up market, very clean and the food of the best, with professional staff. Monalisa Steak Ranch are there for you people to enjoy watching football, just to take the love ones to a quit relaxing place for dinner, lunch or to treat them with a take away. We specialize in pizza's, pasta, steaks and many more. Reasonable prizes. We also do functions foods for all the businesses. Confectionery available, muffins, pies, sausage rolls, burgers,schwarmas,we also want to help our laborers that can not go into town to buy food by starting selling traditional Zambian food, like nshima with fried bream, relish and soup, bunny chows( half bread hollowed out and filled with a meat and vegetable filling, plain or curry, beef or chicken. For our ladies that watch there figures, a salad valley will be available to mix an match your own salad with creamy potato salad, coleslaw,pasta salad. All our food can be ordered as a take away. For more info or to reserve your table please phone me, Adriaan,0962930859 or e-mail me for more info and quotations on adriaan2wessels@hotmail.com . Looking forward meeting you guys soon.Dear Zambia,
ADRIAAN WESSELS

Re: New Restaurant in Ontario Shopping Center, Freetown, Kit

Postby Listening » 10th February 2012, 19:44

Does anybody call their employees labourers anymore? That is so colonial and disrespecful!
Listening

Postby ADRIAAN » 27th February 2012, 19:11

WELL MY FRIEND THEN YOU EXPLAIN TO ME HOW DO WE GOING TO CALL THE LABOR LAW?????????????? WORKERS LAW?????????????
ADRIAAN

Postby Labourer » 28th February 2012, 00:18

Listening wrote :
> Does anybody call their employees labourers anymore? That is so colonial
> and disrespecful!

I don't think I like the tone of your voice sir. Are you trying to dis us labourers with your condescending innuendoes??
Labourer

Postby Listening » 28th February 2012, 00:53

The person trying to diss you here is Adriann!!! Labourer where ever you work and whatever you do, you are a valuable employee.

So Chibombebombe, do not be mad at me. I am actually on your side.....
Listening

Postby Labourer » 28th February 2012, 01:09

I appreciate you siding with me sir. But the term labourer does not itch my skin. Thanks. The real dis are the slave wages they pay us, not the job or the name.
Labourer

Postby theeyespit.blogspot.com » 4th March 2012, 19:28

Judging by the way this dude is trying to diss you guys,even if they were giving away free vitumbuwa,i would'nt go and put my butt in their seat and chow from there.If he can be this cheeky here wht more if you go there and you have a complaint?How do yo think he'll treat you?Rubbish!
theeyespit.blogspot.com

Postby Listening » 5th March 2012, 00:38

I agree with the above comment, labourer is the same Adriann!!
Go to developed countries and call any worker a labourer, the next day you will be in court!!
Listening

Postby Labourer » 5th March 2012, 18:08

Listening wrote :
> I agree with the above comment, labourer is the same Adriann!!
> Go to developed countries and call any worker a labourer, the next day you
> will be in court!!

I suppose this taking people to court over 'labourer' has been in effect since 2010??

------------
The New York Times
Law Aimed at Day Laborers Is Blocked
Published: May 20, 2010

A federal judge issued a temporary restraining order on Thursday forbidding enforcement of a law in the Long Island community of Oyster Bay that made it a crime to solicit employment by shouting at cars and waving arms or signs.

The law, approved by the town in September, was billed by supporters as an effort to control immigrant day laborers, but it also caused a rift between those who backed the law and advocates for immigrants.

Justice Denis R. Hurley of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York issued the restraining order and set a May 28 hearing to determine whether to issue a preliminary injunction to bar enforcement of the law.

The order came two days after advocates for immigrants filed a lawsuit seeking to have the law declared unconstitutional on free speech and other grounds.

Advocates for day laborers have said the law criminalizes acts like trying to attract cars for high school fund-raising carwashes.

They also said the law invited intimidation of day laborers under the guise of traffic and pedestrian safety....
Labourer

Postby Nosense » 5th March 2012, 19:26

Ba Labourer, ukwimona ukuchenjela!! Went on the internet and researched some bullshit. You are a dummy...
Nosense

Postby Labourer » 5th March 2012, 19:29

Nonsense,

Don't be afraid of Internet research. The man tells you that calling someone a laborer can land you in court in the West. And you believe him??

Just go online and see how often the word labourer/laborer is used in regular Western Media. Who's the dummy now?
Labourer

Postby Labourer » 5th March 2012, 19:34

Some people are more comfortable with bullshit. When you try to rescue them from the sewer, they object and tell you not to confuse them with facts.
Labourer

Postby Ching Chong » 5th March 2012, 19:53

What kind of restaurant is this where they sell of kinds of food? Pasta, pizza, pies, chicken curry, steaks etc....

They have Mexican, Caribean, Italian, British and zambian cooking going on there at the New restaurant!!

You can imagine the amount of food contamination going on there...... watch out for stomach upsets all you who have been eating there. Kunya, kunya everywhere.
Ching Chong

Postby ADRIAAN » 9th March 2012, 10:25

I WANT TO THANK EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU FOR THE COMMENTS DO APPRECIATED IT. MY INTENTIONS WAS TO LET THE ZAMBIAN NATION KNOW THERE IS A NEW EATING PLACE AVAILABLE AND THAT IS ALL, NO DISCRIMINATION OR TRYING TO BRING PEOPLE DOWN, ANY WAY THE AFFORDS AND HARD WORK MY EMPLOYEES AND I PUT INTO PLACE WAS FOR NOTHING, SO DO NOT WAIST YOUR TIME TO ANSWER ME BACK OR VISIT THE RESTAURANT AS I SEE THIS SUBJECT CLOSED.
ADRIAAN

Postby theeyespit.blogspot.com » 12th March 2012, 20:10

We won't,Thank you.
theeyespit.blogspot.com

Postby Chikwakwa » 12th March 2012, 20:21

Dear Adriaan,

Talk to me. You sound a bit ticked off. What gives, bro?

Let me share with you what I normally do in similar situations like you are in right now. Maybe it will help you or maybe not.

When I tell people about my business, I do that with the expectation that I'm going to be chased out of town with insults and negative trash talk. If the reaction is otherwise, I'm pleasantly surprised. And if the reaction lives up to my expectations, I lose nothing.

You see?? It's a psychological trick to put oneself in a win-win situation. Try it, you will see.

ADRIAAN wrote :
> I WANT TO THANK EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU FOR THE COMMENTS DO APPRECIATED
> IT. MY INTENTIONS WAS TO LET THE ZAMBIAN NATION KNOW THERE IS A NEW EATING
> PLACE AVAILABLE AND THAT IS ALL, NO DISCRIMINATION OR TRYING TO BRING
> PEOPLE DOWN, ANY WAY THE AFFORDS AND HARD WORK MY EMPLOYEES AND I PUT INTO
> PLACE WAS FOR NOTHING, SO DO NOT WAIST YOUR TIME TO ANSWER ME BACK OR VISIT
> THE RESTAURANT AS I SEE THIS SUBJECT CLOSED.
Chikwakwa

Postby Chikwakwa » 12th March 2012, 20:38

Dear Adriaan,

You wrote and I quote:

"...we also want to help our laborers that can not go into town to buy food by starting selling traditional Zambian food, like nshima with fried bream, relish and soup, bunny chows( half bread hollowed out and filled with a meat and vegetable filling, plain or curry, beef or chicken."

I like your style, Adriaan. You are looking out for the common man like myself. You know exactly what will fill our hungry bellies without draining our meager, shallow pockets.

Yes, many of the eateries around town today forget us common people. One time I went into one of these fancy eateries and they were selling ati filet mignon with baby asparagus. Asparagus my ass. Just give some real food and let me get the hell out of here.
Chikwakwa

Postby www.villaamrita.com » 2nd November 2012, 11:08

Need more info regarding hotels, villas, travel etc visit to above mentioned site. Thanks in advance....

Exceptional Villa in Bali
www.villaamrita.com

Return to Eating places (Restaurants, fast-food, etc.)