Manda Hill Chicago's (Customer Service)

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Manda Hill Chicago's (Customer Service)

Postby K » 9th April 2012, 13:02

Dear Zambia,

Friend of mine unhappy about the customer service (it took him about 40mins to get his food order) at Chicago's went to complain to the Manager. At our dismay the Manager seemed not to care and simply replied 'maybe this is not the right place for you'.
At times we want to blame the waiter (s) but we forget the issue is with management.
K

Re: Manda Hill Chicago's (Customer Service)

Postby Slumdog Shalapungu » 9th April 2012, 13:32

Mwana Maybe stick to eating nshima ku ma market because 40 mins is the standard wait time for most restaurants. If the food was brought very quickly in a restaurant i would be very worried because thats probably microwaved left overs. I think the manager gave you a hint there about what places you should frequent. I been there before man when you get used to those kabwata fastele fastele samoosa's which are 5 days old waiting 40 minutes is torture
Slumdog Shalapungu

Postby A.M. » 11th April 2012, 17:39

Dear K,

I agree with Shalapungu. Before I became an established member of high society, I could not stand the long waits in fancy restaurants. Whenever I had the rare occasion to visit one of those high class establishments, I made sure a packed a few chicken feet in my overalls so I can munch on them while I went through that agonizing wait.

And I didn't know nothing about four or five course meals. So when they served the appetizers or soup or salad, I thought that was it. I was getting up from the table with plans to go cook a nshima at home, just so I can fill the empty hole in my belly. But the nice upper class people I was with told me to sit my butt down. And to my pleasant surprise, there was more food coming and more food and more. Until I started regretting having smuggled in those chicken feet.

Sincerely,
Appa Mwamba
A.M.

Postby Girl » 12th April 2012, 11:31

Ehehe...Apa Mwamba, naughty as ever :-).

Chicago is a good place with good service and friendly staff. Though as usual, and like with many other restaurants, our dear black waitrons rush to serve people of lighter skin. We don't know when this sick attitude will meet its demise.

Spur restaurant is a very good welcome yet again at Zed. Their onion rings are still just as mouth watering, damn!

For now the manager even meets you at the entrance of the restaurant and you are ushered to your table. We are a happy family! It's possible that once they settle and win some hearts (like they've done me), they will just become like the resto them.

But onion rings have never tasted better at any restaurant.

Thank you Spur :-) ;-)
Girl

Postby Chung.Z » 7th November 2012, 22:38

Nothing against the article, but I disagree with a couple of points to some extenct. I'm probably a minority though, lol. Thanks for sharing it on www.zambia.co.zm . Great!
Chung.Z

Postby RudeNudeDude » 8th November 2012, 10:54

Hey Upper Mwaamba and all Upper Class Folks and Geezers, anybody out there ready to take me to a fancy shmancy place???.

The highest i have gone is Just Chicken Kabwata KCC and i would like to go to those fancy places were they peel the skin off your buga fish and rename the bugger.
RudeNudeDude

Postby Girl » 8th November 2012, 12:17

Kekekekekekeke RudeNude naiwe but :). Then they rename the bugger ati fillet ai, kikikikikiki. Kabwata chicken KCC ndiye iti manje, lol!
Girl

Postby mukolwe » 8th November 2012, 15:02

apa mwamba, can you please save a couple of those makandilo (chicken feet) for me. lol

depending on what you order at a restaurant, half an hour is about average wait time for the food to be prepared. it seems longer than usual i know esp. if you skipped one meal.

ba gelo, i've never been a fun of onion rings, but the way you've promoted spur's onion rings, you've made them sound really scrumptious, if i were in lsk, i might just go out and try 'em. good job.

the epedimic of whites (or anyone with lighter skin color) being treated better than darker skin is so stupid. it stems from inferiority complex. it's not only in zambia. my friend (white) told off a waitress in mombasa 'cause he kept on looking at him when taking our orders. it's getting better now though we still have long ways to go.

kalebalika mukwai
mukolwe

Postby Chimfwenkemune » 8th November 2012, 18:34

Ba K, a little advice, If you don't want to wait for your main meal that long have a starter, by the time you finish your starter your main meal will almost if not be ready to be served. This is the reason why in such restaurants you have starters, if not then be prepared to wait for ages for your main. Perhaps the managers attitude was totally wrong but then again had he explained the reasons for the 40 minute wait you'd have complained that he thinks you are dumb.
Chimfwenkemune

Postby Mwilailanga » 8th November 2012, 20:46

Problem is most of us do not care to ask how long we would have to wait on placing the order but rather wait and complain afterwards. I have always found it useful when I ask and then I make a decision either to wait or cancel. When I cancel I dash to where I don't have to wait long but point out my selection......michopo!
Mwilailanga

Postby Yolula » 8th November 2012, 20:52

Another solution to this long wait at the restaurant is to go there quite drunk. You will be running your mouth, blubbering non-stop. Before you know it, the food is served.

Although if they kick you out of the restaurant for being a public nuisance, don’t come here blaming me. I just said to go to the restaurant drunk. Not cause a commotion
Yolula

Return to Eating places (Restaurants, fast-food, etc.)