Business owners that do not pay there staff

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Business owners that do not pay there staff

Postby Disappointed Employee » 11th November 2012, 20:28

Dear Zambia,

I just want the people in Zambia to know that thy must be very careful who thy work for, as there is people (white) that have several businesses in Zambia, there bank accounts get loaded, thy go on holidays , stay in luxury places, eat of the best food you can think of but thy do not pay there staff there wages at the end of the month, there is some staff that have to wait for 3 to six month to get money from the owners.

Please report these people to you labor department, go to you radio stations news papers, Tv all the media that you can think of, stop then in there tracks, thy do not deserve to have any businesses in Zambia........ I know what I am talking of because I am from another country that work in Zambia,Kitwe for such a person and still waiting for my hard earned money.
Disappointed Employee

Re: Business owners that do not pay there staff

Postby HOPE » 12th November 2012, 07:33

Not too long ago, i called an acqaintance of mine on her mobile phone AFTER WORKING HOURS, when she answered the phone she told me that she was at her new LIVE IN WORK PLACE.
She told me she had started working for a lebanese family in lusaka as a live in maid for 450 pini per month
HOPE

Postby HOPE » 12th November 2012, 07:35

Upon hearing that i adivised her to quit immediately and find something better than working for such people. Before i could finish the sentence, one of the kids from the family walked in her room and started hurling insults at her, while i listen on the other end...." what do you think you are f*ckin doing answering the phone in here.. are you st*pid or something.."

The boys voice sounded as if he was btween 8-10yrs old.. my acquaintance is 38yrs old Zambian woman.

still shocked at what i had just heard i told her i would call her on the weekend.. she later told me that she was not allowed to wear good clothes around the house, just chitenge's and a head scarf. The lebanese wives are very insecure and jealous of good looking Zambian maids, so they treat them very very bad and teach their children to do the same. As if insulting the maid would stop their promsicuous husbands from going after beautiful Zambian women

Problem is most Zambian workers dont know their rights. They would rather take the insults than lose a job. Slowly slowy though, word is going around about reporting bad foreigners who are abusing vulnerable citizens. Slowly but sure Zambians are waking up!!
HOPE

Postby Oliver » 12th November 2012, 08:52

Im just so grateful that in my whole working life after graduation i've never had to work for any stingy mwenye, a muzungu or god forbid a chinese.
Oliver

Postby Silent » 12th November 2012, 09:42

I have learnt alot from my indian and musungu bosses but not from my previous black boss who was hiding alot i now am running my own small business through the knowledge i gained so dont just blame people anyhow
Silent

Postby Networth » 12th November 2012, 18:49

HOPE

I’m inclined to believe that you have added a lot of spice to your story.

But if your story is as you tell it, you should go to that acquaintance of yours, drug her by the ear and pump some sense into her head. Those Lebanese dogs will break her spirit. Working for such animals is like selling your soul to the devil. Ain’t worth it.
Networth

Postby Mtukuzi » 14th November 2012, 23:27

Oliver wrote :
> Im just so grateful that in my whole working life after graduation i've
> never had to work for any stingy mwenye, a muzungu or god forbid a chinese.

Me too. I thank my lucky stars that I have never had the misfortune of having Africans as employees...
Mtukuzi

Postby Fisi » 15th November 2012, 00:15

so iwe ka Mtukuzi,,, what is a nice African boy like you in the habit of hiring non Africans? You must be loaded to afford paying those foreigners, you lucky little son of a gun.
Fisi

Postby Tonka » 16th November 2012, 17:56

HOPE wrote :
> Not too long ago, i called an acqaintance of mine on her mobile phone
> AFTER WORKING HOURS, when she answered the phone she told me that she was
> at her new LIVE IN WORK PLACE.
> She told me she had started working for a lebanese family in lusaka as a
> live in maid for 450 pini per month

Beware of those Lebanese idiots. The woman at the center of the sex scandal that brought down CIA chief general David Petraeus is Lebanese. A scandalous seductress lowlife bitch.
Tonka

Postby Guest » 16th November 2012, 17:58

Tonka wrote :
> HOPE wrote :
> > Not too long ago, i called an acqaintance of mine on her mobile phone
> > AFTER WORKING HOURS, when she answered the phone she told me that she was
> > at her new LIVE IN WORK PLACE.
> > She told me she had started working for a lebanese family in lusaka as a
> > live in maid for 450 pini per month
>
>
> Beware of those Lebanese idiots. The woman at the center of the sex scandal that
> brought down CIA chief general David Petraeus is Lebanese. A scandalous seductress
> lowlife bitch.

The woman who will bring down King Cobra is..........?!?!?!

Postby Tonka » 16th November 2012, 18:00

I don't know, Guest. Finish the sentence please.
Tonka

Return to Eating places (Restaurants, fast-food, etc.)