The Spur Steak Ranch experience

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

The Spur Steak Ranch experience

Postby Tambu » 24th November 2012, 00:27

Dear Zambia,

Am not much of a take out person but I decided to treat my lil boy to a meal at Spur Manda Hill. I will definitely be going back there. The meals take a bit of waiting but when they come it's a mouth watering experience. The Spur fillet served with mashed butternut, creamed spinach and onion rings was out of this world. The waiting was cut short by the white dude (owner maybe) who would come and chat with customers, then at one time a fun song giving instructions to 'step to the right, left , wave and scream', started and all waiters started dancing and waving all over the restaurant. While it looked funny and a little silly at times it was great to see the effort to add fun to the great meal that was served after a 30 to 40minute wait. Prices may be higher than the quick fried chicken places but it's definitely worth it... Keep it up Spur!!
Tambu

Re: The Spur Steak Ranch experience

Postby Margret » 24th November 2012, 07:02

Tambu I totally agree with you and thumbs up to spur :)
Since you are not a regular eat out person next time visit Adega Protuguese Restaurant at Levy Business Park and I promise you that you will get value for money and great food and amazing variety and absolutely children friendly and good for their entertainment.
Margret

Postby Tambu » 24th November 2012, 16:19

Thanks Margret. I will definitely try it out.
Tambu

Postby Mchila » 15th January 2013, 18:02

Mrs. Tambu and Mrs. Margret

Do they ask how one likes his/her steak cooked at this joint? I only ask because I hate over-cooked steak. I like it as bloody as possible.

What about bush meat? Is it on the menu at this joint? I love the smell and taste of bush meat. And this is why I do not go on Safaris. All I see is steak trying to run away from me. I go crazy trying to exercise self-control.

And also, on that steak I do not like any fancy spices. Just salt and that's it. Please advise. I'd like to know if this Spur joint is worthwhile.

Thank you kindly.
Mchila

Postby Ff » 15th January 2013, 20:05

Iwe chi tail,just go there and stop askin stupid questionz
Ff

Postby Mchila » 15th January 2013, 20:27

Ff

don't you worry my boy, I'm coming. You can bet your fat butt, I am. I was merely trying to ask these nice two ladies to give me a heads-up on that steak. I don't want to have to hitch a ride all the way to Spur if it ain't worth sh*t.

But listen Ff, if you got the details for me, please do share. I will compensate you with a gourd of freshly made chibuku. Ok two gourds, what do you say?
Mchila

Postby Umupondo » 15th January 2013, 22:38

Good for you ba Tambu and na ba Margaret, free advertising for them. Bravo. Mwandini, if you had a great experience, it's to share with DZ, unlike the others who just cry and complain at every chance they get.

Please, come back and share your experience next time you go back and ask for some mbasela!
Umupondo

Return to Eating places (Restaurants, fast-food, etc.)