poor service at star bakery-ndola

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

poor service at star bakery-ndola

Postby kays » 9th September 2010, 13:34

Dear Zambia,
iam very disapointd wit star bakery in ndola, their bread and rolls is terrible u rarely find fresh bread,
imagine u hav bought bread for breakfast only to find that its not fresh en u cant take it back coz they dont even issue receipts.its a waste of money.wud advise star bakery to improve their services and start giving carrier bags to customers
kays

Re: poor service at star bakery-ndola

Postby kalombo » 9th September 2010, 14:40

kays is right. i had an experience on monday.seriously these pipo shud change.
kalombo

Postby Guest » 7th October 2010, 09:28

The issue of carrier bags at Star bakery has dragged! We have complained the last ten years over this shop selling its customers plastic bags! How is one expected to carry loaves of bread, milk and butter in thier hands after purchasing from this bakery? Well we been crying yet still shop there reason? Monopoly, I live in Kansenshi. Stupid Indians.

Postby Clevy Sitaleka » 20th September 2011, 14:00

What u have said mayb true, i guess it's jst one of those few bad customer exepriences wit unkown brands, something which is common in the food industry. Ive bin a customer of Star 4 15yrs now and i must say unlike other bakeries arround they accept to exchange. Although such mistakes happen they are not often; on one occussion this also happend to me i met the owner Mr D Patel a great and friendly man i must say he assured me that his aim is customer satisfaction and that wit him 'selling expired products is a big NO! simply unacceptable!!!! I think u should give them a second try. Their products are also available in Kitwe,chambeshi,luyansha and mufurila. about plastics its only a K100 (pretty affordable to me) each and are sumtimes given out free.
Clevy Sitaleka

Postby Guest » 20th September 2011, 14:12

Thats the problem wit us Zambians we lack respect!!!!!!!! How do you call big pipo stupid. Even u Dear Zambia u should edit Comments posted on your site as a senior citizen i think it not right.

Postby mature » 20th September 2011, 17:16

Guest is right,

watch out kitwe, chambishi, mufulira resdents.
here comes trouble.
mature

Postby Dick » 20th September 2011, 17:28

Guest wrote :
> Thats the problem wit us Zambians we lack respect!!!!!!!! How do you call
> big pipo stupid. Even u Dear Zambia u should edit Comments posted on your
> site as a senior citizen i think it not right.

Mama Guest,
Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age. It is a fact that some old people are stupid. If you don't like the word, be at ease. That is why we are here. To help one another. I have compiled a list of synonyms of the word stupid. Please pick which ever one that is less offensive to you.

airheaded,
birdbrained,
bonehead,
boneheaded,
brain-dead,
brainless,
bubbleheaded,
chuckleheaded,
dense,
dim,
dim-witted,
doltish,
dopey,
dorky,
dull,
dumb,
dunderheaded,
empty-headed,
fatuous,
gormless,
half-witted,
knuckleheaded,
lamebrain,
lunkheaded,
mindless,
oafish,
obtuse,
opaque,
pinheaded,
senseless,
simple,
slow,
slow-witted,
thick,
thickheaded,
thick-witted,
unintelligent,
witless.
Dick

Postby Chris Lemaire » 9th February 2012, 07:43

Being in the bakery business for quite a while; I would like to take the side of star bakery to an extend. While it is unacceptable to sell stale products, if that is the case which I doubt, it has more to do with profit orientated business men. One has to understand that producing bread is a costly excersize. Electricity, labour, packaging, equipment's wear and tear, escalating raw material costs, wastage, returns and so on.
To go to the basics, the flour milled in Zambia is coming from local crops that often is not from the best quality wheat. From the milling companies down should the problem be looked at. There are remedies to improving the quality of the flour but it comes at a cost to the mill. Yes, the bakeries should insist on receiving a good quality flour from the millers; that should be their first concern.
Then at bakery level, there is usualy another premix added to produce bread. Again, the quality of the premix comes at a cost. The bakeries can bake a bread that will last for a week and more; will the man in the street accepts to pay for it? I guess no. It's just that a proper balance should be reached and work upon. Everybody would be happy.......
To end, I would like to mention a misconception about a cheap big bread. What is making the volume of the bread? Yes, you are right, it's the holes. Do you know the money you are spending on margarine or butter to fill them up when you are buttering a slice of bread? Think again!!!!!
Chris Lemaire

Return to Eating places (Restaurants, fast-food, etc.)