Breakfast

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Breakfast

Postby BFF » 30th January 2013, 18:58

Dear Zambia,

Like any sensible Zambian young lad, my breakfast of choice had to have swine in it. Bacon, sausage and of course eggs. The greasier the better. But about 2 weeks ago, I was introduced to something new. ati Oatmeal. Frankly it doesn’t look appetizing. Like baby food. But then after trying it, I’m hooked.

Does anyone else know anything about this stuff? Oatmeal, look it up. It’s really some good shit, I kid you not. I like to throw in some milk, a tiny pinch of salt and brown sugar. But you can concoct it any way you desire.

Sorry, I just wanted to share my latest discovery with you my best friends here @ DZ.
BFF

Re: Breakfast

Postby Oliver » 31st January 2013, 07:59

Kandolo and black tea does it 4 me.
Oliver

Postby BFF » 31st January 2013, 08:10

Kandolo and black tea. Oh yes, that one. It does it for me too, Oliver. I like the oatmeal because I can do the instant in the microwave at the office. But the kandolo I do on Saturday and Sunday, at home. At the office, people be giving me the weird look when I start to unload my kandolo from the sack.
BFF

Postby Slumdog Shalapungu » 7th February 2013, 20:58

Mwana were you in some cave all your life to find out about oatmeal today? oatmeal has been the greatest thing going since the early 90's after the yellow maize era. I like steel cut oats mixed with peanut butter. they taste as good as groundnut porridge yapa 16:00 hrs mixed with vikoto vaku mpoto
Slumdog Shalapungu

Postby BFF » 8th February 2013, 05:58

Slumdog,
the cave I call home is located on that road between Chipata and Chadiza. If you are ever in the area, you should stop by. You can teach me that recipe with the groundnuts. To me, it has all the ingredients of a potent aphrodisiac. Right up my alley, I have to say.
BFF

Return to Eating places (Restaurants, fast-food, etc.)