Warning about Sushi, to all my fellow Zambians

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Warning about Sushi, to all my fellow Zambians

Postby Chinsima » 18th July 2013, 22:32

Dear Zambia,

I know some of you go abroad and like to go with the trends. Sometimes it’s a genuine desire to learn the new culture and sometimes it is merely to show off and then you jump into certain things blindly.

I’m here to warn you about attempting to eat Sishi for dinner. Don’t. Learn from my mistake. You will wake up the following morning with pangs of hunger you can hardly imagine. You will be knocking pots and pans in the kitchen, at the break of dawn, trying to cook a quick bwali.

Sushi is not real food. Not for a Zambian who is used to deposit a good load of nsima in his belly. And more especially if you are the typical Zambian like myself, who like to puff an occasional splif of weed once or twice a week.

My friends, if your girlfriend talks you into going for a Sushi dinner, make sure you have a back-up plan. A big steak or something substantial hidden somewhere. I’m telling you.
Chinsima

Re: Warning about Sushi, to all my fellow Zambians

Postby oliver » 19th July 2013, 07:38

Chinsima,
I dont think sushi is meant to be a full course meal as you took it. I have sampled it @ Rhapsody's , Arcades mall in Lusaka. Like prawns and lobsters, it didn't work for me but my brother liked it.
Our friends in Japan have the healthiest and longest life expectancy because of food like this.
When you go to the movies, don't expect popcorn to be a full course me as well. Eat your nchima thereafter too.
oliver

Postby Chinsima » 19th July 2013, 17:11

ba Oliver,

now you are telling me! I could have used your advice two weeks ago when I was duped into that sushi dinner. I'm telling you man, the next morning my belly was so empty not even one chisushi was in there. Anyway, thanks for the untimely advice. As I live and breath, I will not repeat that mistake.
Chinsima

Postby JoJo » 19th July 2013, 18:02

Chinsima - it's all in the presentation and technique. Just roll that ball of nshima, break off a piece of that California Roll, a bit of wasabi, dip it in soy sauce and pop it in your mouth bon appétit!!
JoJo

Postby Slumdog shalapungu » 20th July 2013, 09:44

Ati rhapsody's why try to be so fancy you should have been at cairo road ordering t bone steak, rape and 6 lumps of Nshima noti sushi. When trying to be fancy goes wrong mwana these foods you want to kopeleza vapa will leave you with a high bill and stomach only half full. How do we even know its real knowing pa zed its probably fresh water fish with bacteria fished from some sewage decorated and fed to gullible zambians who want to zimya neighbour.
Slumdog shalapungu

Postby JoJo » 20th July 2013, 14:34

Slumdog made a most important point about just how toxic that half-full stomach is. Even if you love sushi here's a simple rule - if can't see the ocean, don't order it.
JoJo

Postby oliver » 20th July 2013, 15:49

Slum iwe, I wasn't trying to be fancy. I was attending some boring ass seminar in Lusaka and accommodated at Protea. As a muzungu anikonde, I was ass kissing and going along with whatever our German facilitaor was drinking and eating. My brother joined us from his chibuku spree and gobbled up everything. Kaya , maybe sushi ili more palatable with chibuku
oliver

Return to Eating places (Restaurants, fast-food, etc.)