izone internet cafe

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

izone internet cafe

Postby kabwe » 14th July 2010, 09:31

Dear Zambia,

This is not a very big deal I guess, but there are some ladies at the izone arcades who have an annoying habit: she tells you there's a free computer, you go and sit there, and then you have to walk back to her to switch on the internet. Always.

If you direct someone to a computer, why can't you automatically just turn it on instead of waiting for the customer to ask you again? Instead, she starts chatting with her friends.
kabwe

Re: izone internet cafe

Postby Microlink Technologies » 3rd October 2010, 11:06

Dear Mr. Kabwe,

It is a big deal and every complaint, suggestion or kind of advice from you our customers, can only make us better, especially if we learn from our mistakes. Indeed before I go any further, I would like to apologise to you sir, and indeed many other customers who have had this unfortunate experience. We take nothing for granted and we will continue to endeavor to serve you better.

The purpose of this reply is to convey to you my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you experienced at our Cafe.

The only possible explanation I can give is that we had a worm(virus) on the network around the time which may have caused delays in activating client Pcs. However, this does not take away the fact that the Till Minder should have taken extra care to ensure that the computer was activated before re-engaging in the conversation.

Consequently, I had directed our technical and make the necessary adjustments to the software and worked on the computers.

Because of this serious oversight, and as a testament to our appreciation of you as our customer, we are going to provide you with 5(hours) of free internet when you return to the I-Zone Arcades Cafe. Kindly email me directly (gmwansa @ microlink.zm), so that I can give you further details as to what you need to do to get your free service and I sincerely hope you will see an improvement in our service.

Ms. Kabwe, let me assure you that what happened in your case is not typical of I-Zone's level of customer service. We continue to be committed to providing you and all of our customers with the highest standards of service in the industry.

If you have any questions please don\'t hesitate to call me at 0955 687798.

finally, thank you very much Dear Zambia, for providing such invaluable service to the service industry.

Yours In service,

Gregory Mwansa

Operations Manager(Internet Cafes)
Microlink Technologies Limited.
Microlink Technologies

Postby Pumba » 4th October 2010, 11:55

Good job grey,keep up the good work.
Pumba

Postby Mike Chanda » 4th October 2010, 13:01

Dear Mr Mwansa,

I am impressed with your response and am happy that you are taking complaints seriously. However, I wish to advise you that I have also experienced the same thing at I-Zone Arcades more than once. There were two young ladies on duty the last time. Infact I even asked one of them why we cant just open the computers ourselves rather than waiting for them and she said that was how the system is (as if it cannot be changed).

Another complaint is that when you are done, you cannot log yourself out. You have to go to the attendant and if there are 4 people in front of you, you have to wait, meanwhile your bill is increasing.

I-Zone Central Park gives much better service. The main problem there is that some sockets and extensions do not work and this is problematic when you have a laptop. When I enquired about this, I was told that management already knew about the problem. Arcades has also had this extensions problem before, though it seems to have been resolved.
Mike Chanda

Postby Guest » 2nd November 2010, 14:49

Dear Mr Mwansa,
could you please check how your staff are charging people at the I_Zone cafe at Arcades? just because my colour is not black does not mean i get to be charged higher rates!!!
this is what happened:
i went to the cafe to get some documents scanned. First of all, the person behind the desk did NOT inform me how much it would cost me per page (i wan't even printing them!). then he tells me its K16,000 PER PAGE, after the documents have been scanned. I had no choice but to pay. when i mentioned this to my friend, she told me she had gotten some documents scanned for about K3,000 per page just that very morning. i was furious as you can imagine but i am not that sort who goes around screaming at the staff.
so, could you please have printed price lists (as it is stated by Competition Commission) and also, get tills that print out the services rendered, the cost and the total. these staff could be ripping your company off even as we speak!
good day!

Postby Dmk » 2nd November 2010, 15:15

What the helllllll???? 16000 kwacha per page of just scanning? Were you scanning the entire billboard of a Gillette advert or something?
Dmk

Postby Guest » 2nd November 2010, 15:41

imagine DMK, that was for A6 size photos and documents no bigger than A5.

Postby jack » 18th August 2011, 13:22

Say something else.I-zone arcades are the best.
jack

Postby Guest » 26th September 2017, 23:15

kabwe wrote :
> Dear Zambia,
>
> This is not a very big deal I guess, but there are some ladies at the izone
> arcades who have an annoying habit: she tells you there's a free computer,
> you go and sit there, and then you have to walk back to her to switch on
> the internet. Always.
>
> If you direct someone to a computer, why can't you automatically just turn
> it on instead of waiting for the customer to ask you again? Instead, she
> starts chatting with her friends.

Postby Jimbo » 27th September 2017, 00:38

Perhaps this is a stupid question but I will ask anyway.

Mr Kabwe, what happened to your own computer?
Jimbo

Return to Communication companies (Telephone companies, Internet service providers, etc.)