Internet for Tablets

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Re: Internet for Tablets

Postby Slumdog Shalapungu » 22nd August 2012, 20:26

Tell us if you took this computer with 100mbps to zambia would it be handling the same amount of data with the ISP's?

and theres your answer a localised network is not the same as what ISP providers give you. Someone in zambia can say I have 100MBP's by setting it homeplus in their home via internet but does that mean they have 100mbp speeds. You are bragging about something that even an old computer can do , funny really because you think thats special
Slumdog Shalapungu

Postby Guest » 22nd August 2012, 20:31

Doctor Shalapungu,

Please do me this big favor and go back to my original post. You will see that I made no mention of duplicating my Internet experience in Zambia. I merely mentioned my own tuma 100 Mbps, that's all. And again, to be clear, I ain't bragging.

Postby Slumdog Shalapungu » 22nd August 2012, 20:38

You said your computer has 100mbp you did not mention ethernet, almost all computers can handle that via localised ethernet so really a poor attempt .
Slumdog Shalapungu

Postby Guest » 22nd August 2012, 20:44

Doctor Shalapungu,

Yes I said my computer has 100 Mbps. That happens to be a fact. And please do me another huge favor. Don't hold me responsible for things you assumed or whatever you thought I was attempting.

Postby Slumdog Shalapungu » 22nd August 2012, 20:49

Listen you tried and you failed grand opening grand closing. I just responded to you because 1. 100mbp is nothing special when gigalan exists 2 100mbp's for internet is false because thats a local network .I do not know what point you are trying to tangent here but you failed already.
Slumdog Shalapungu

Postby Guest » 22nd August 2012, 20:54

Doctor Shalapungu,

You said well by stating a simple fact. You responded to my comment. The opening and closing ceremonies and all the other crap are products of your imagination.

I will now repeat my non bragging statement. My computer has 100 Mbps.

Postby dot.com » 22nd August 2012, 22:28

Mr (mrs?) guest,
we get that "your computer has 100mb"... can you please share your manufacture,model #...anything to identify that wonderful machine of yours!!
I am just trying to find out if I don't have that machine too without my knowledge!
dot.com

Postby Nichani » 22nd August 2012, 22:30

Ok ok this my Mercedes is bigger than yours can stop now o!

I think the other guy was contributing to a related topic on computer speeds instead of Internet download speeds.

Guest please use your 100mbps computer to visit the speedtest dot com. Then come back here and tell us what it says on the downloads count.

Mebo: I was referring to your point about taking 2 days to download a YouTube video. These days I see people downloading whole torrents using their AIRTEL or MTN dongles. I think that was over bashing. If you were candid you would stick to the facts. In short it's not as bad as we like to put it when we are in the diaspora - especially of the western kind!
Nichani

Postby Mebo » 22nd August 2012, 22:39

Nichani

That is your experience. Stop mentioning this bashing rubbish of yours please, I say it like it is - TRUTH.

Just state what you are currently going through PERIOD. I will say this again and again if you want me too.. The last time I was in Zambia, and that was for a month I had no 'luxury' of watching a Youtube video. My family is my witness, don't argue, you were not there!
Mebo

Postby Guest » 22nd August 2012, 22:46

Professor dot com,

I work for a company that idolizes Apple, which in turn makes me a Mac nut. The computer is a Mac pro ATI Radeon Hd 5770. But as the good doctor Shalapungu already pointed out, that has nothing to do with that 100 Mbps. But listen professor, hard as it may be for some to understand this point, my purpose here was not to brag. I simply stated a simple truth about the computer I was using and its Mbps speed. This forum should be about sharing, both sorrows and goodies. If I offended anyone by mentioning the 100 Mbps on my computer, I ask for forgiveness.

Emeritus Nichani,

I hear you, boss. And again, me no bragging here. I know doctor Shalapungu's Mercedes is bigger than mine. And I'm content with that.

Postby Mbovu » 22nd August 2012, 22:52

I propose we declare at least one day at DZ, of Zambians-in-the-diaspora bashing day. Let's start by bashing Mebo:)) Then I'm next. At least that way, all the resentment against Diaspora Zambians will be exhausted.

just a thought:)
Mbovu

Postby dot.com » 22nd August 2012, 23:35

guest....
I hope you've now realized how BS your "my computer has 100mbps" statement is!! Put it simply, I can bring to your office/home my non-fancy 10yr old PC and it'll get the same speed as your Steve Jobs shrine...Unless you're into high-frequency trading -where feeds from the stock exchange travel at 1Tbps or into nuclear physics, a 100mbps is purely theoretical as applications requiring that speed aren't on the market yet,that's assuming you're sitting next to the server -the further the server is, the more lag you get...A simple analogy I can give is: having 100mbps is akin to driving a ferrari in a 45mph lane,yes the ferrari still maintains its +200mph speed but it will never be reached!
Also, if 100mbps isn't even nascent in residential areas of industrialised countries, how did you expect to get it in Zed?? Take all this in context and you'll note that your original question was BS itself....
Just put at the back of your mind the "100mbps computer" and enjoy the beautiful people, atmosphere, Chibuku, Vic Falls, attention due to foreign accent....
Enjoy
dot.com

Postby Mebo » 22nd August 2012, 23:42

Mbovu

there's just too much going on on this thread... Happy bashing...I rest my case! goodnight :))
Mebo

Postby Guest » 22nd August 2012, 23:58

Professor dot com

Did doctor Shalapungu hypnotize you into believing that I said my computer was somehow more special than other people's?

I read someone here mention something about a fraction of Mbps on their computer. Then I stated a fact that mine runs on 100 Mbps. And somehow all hell broke loose. You high minded intellectuals started accusing me of bragging. Even though having anticipated such reaction, I preempted the deluge by stating that I was not bragging. I simply looked up the Mbps on my computer and there it was, 100.

I'm almost tempted to join you by starting to speculate what your motives are or why you seem offended by my 100 Mbps comment. But I will not go down that road.

Although I should mention that it was you two distinguished gentlemen Professor dot com and Doctor Shalapungu who first claimed that there was no such thing as 100 Mbps. Well, there is and it's right here under my big nose.

Postby lulu » 2nd April 2013, 22:52

How much are the blackberry playboy tablets?
lulu

Postby Recycler » 2nd April 2013, 23:26

well well Lulu, that is an odd request. Anyway, I looked it up for you and here we go.

Blackberries - $1.50 per pound

Playboy magazine - $5.99

and last but not least tablets (assuming you mean asprin) $2.49 for a bottle of 100 tablets.
Recycler

Postby Wardo » 27th August 2013, 02:32

I think Airtel is the fastest. I use about K150 for a 1.5gb a month. 300 bucks you could have unlimited downloads per month.

I hope that helped.
Wardo

Re: Internet for Tablets near Livingston Zambia

Postby Dr Fred » 29th May 2015, 19:09

How can I get an internet connection for a school 15 miles from Livingston Zambia? Need WiFi. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Drfred1234@gmail
Dr Fred

Postby mr_springz » 6th March 2016, 21:12

This was a funny thread lol Anyway for any IT literate person, that 100Mbs is 100 MEGABITS and not megabytes as most of you are thing. That's about 12 and a half megabytes or so which is an excellent but rarely achievable speed unless you're in korea or japan
mr_springz

Previous Page

Return to Communication companies (Telephone companies, Internet service providers, etc.)