The Most Annoying new tech habits

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

The Most Annoying new tech habits

Postby Anaza » 16th January 2013, 19:47

Dear Zambia,

1. Texting/talking and driving.
2. Spamming your friends FB feeds.
3. Phone chat in the toilet, even letting the drop of your shit over-head on the other side of the line.
4. Talking via Bluetooth and giving the appearance of a madman talking to himself.
5. Holding up the queue because you are on the phone.
6. Going to the service counter while still yapping on the phone.
7. Talking loud about personal shit on public transportation.
8. Being oblivious to the fact that everyone is staring at you as you make a total ass of yourself yapping away.
9. Telling your spouse you will call him back because you are busy on the gossip mill.
10. Letting your phone ring in the movie theater.
Anaza

Re: The Most Annoying new tech habits

Postby smelly elly » 16th January 2013, 22:01

1. Idiots making lists and posting irrelevant crap online.
smelly elly

Postby Umupondo » 16th January 2013, 22:17

And it's only Wednesday yaba. I feel the need to share what my buddy 'Native' said to me on another thread.

"ba Umupondo,
it's been said to exhaustion that this is a free forum and everything goes and everyone is free to post whatever. But I share your irritation at some of these thread starters who ask other people to wash their dirty laundry in public without setting an example themselves."

Enough said!
Umupondo

Postby Slumdog Shalapungu » 16th January 2013, 23:29

Anaza wrote :
g.
> 2. Spamming your friends FB feeds.

This one really makes me feel like jabbing a rusty nail into someone's foot. The things people do for likes or some misplaced important e-fame . From club promoters always inviting me some event I could less about, the usual christian posting some topic where they think likes will matter on judgement day, some zambian musician whose music sounds monotonous releasing some rubbish song and tell me he is number on some reverbnation chart which am sure the other contestants are communists in north korea or some copy and paste philosopher.
Slumdog Shalapungu

Postby Oliver » 17th January 2013, 09:33

and then you have those characters [guys] displaying their phones,tablets at the bar counter when drinking. three smart phones, one tablet avichosa mutumba while sipping a Heineken na ma keys ya 3 series. you wanna impress someone?, chosa ma title deeds.
Oliver

Postby Mate » 17th January 2013, 14:24

how about those toma china phones with high pitch ring tones & no volume control. seriously that should be lockable offense.
Mate

Postby Friday » 17th January 2013, 15:46

People that insist on playing music off their pc in an open plan office.

Just because its gospel music, does not mean that we all want to hear it when we are trying to get some work done.

If I play "Black Sabbath" or other music. It is called noise.
Friday

Postby Anaza » 17th January 2013, 21:45

And then there is the young man who is texting and walking at the same time until he bumps into a bad tempered kaponya who proceeds to slap him a few
Anaza

Postby Anaza » 17th January 2013, 22:21

Then another young man was texting and hustling to catch the attention of a girl who was across the street. Multi-tasking, they call it. Well it’s multi something alright because the end result is he hit a street light pole hard enough to smash his phone into multi pieces. game over
Anaza

Postby Slumdog Shalapungu » 19th January 2013, 01:03

Another tech habit that annoys me is manufacturers always coming out with newer cheaper upgrades all the time. You buy technology today thinking ahh yes am sorted for the next 5 years and 3 months later a new product which is better and cheaper comes out and they start slating their old product. Back in the days I went bought the first ipod . I bought the damn thing after saving for 8 months. Just after 3 months after buying it another one comes out which is supposedly better and its been the same story 10 years later. Why not just release something that will work for the next 4 years that can be upgraded or updated not making the consumer look foolish.
Slumdog Shalapungu

Postby How Stupid! » 19th January 2013, 07:50

Slumdog Shalapungu wrote :
> Another tech habit that annoys me is manufacturers always coming out with
> newer cheaper upgrades all the time. You buy technology today thinking ahh
> yes am sorted for the next 5 years and 3 months later a new product which
> is better and cheaper comes out and they start slating their old product.
> Back in the days I went bought the first ipod . I bought the damn thing
> after saving for 8 months. Just after 3 months after buying it another one
> comes out which is supposedly better and its been the same story 10 years
> later. Why not just release something that will work for the next 4 years
> that can be upgraded or updated not making the consumer look foolish.

Ba Shalapuks I thought you were cleverer than that but clearly you have no business sense!! I don't even have to explain this because its a no brainer! Time waits for no man!
How Stupid!

Postby Matumbo » 24th January 2013, 23:32

Now you have got grandma and grandpa who have to be roped into the hi tech world because all the grand kids are in on it.

So they give grandma a cell phone and she has to try and cope with 21st technology but still thinking in terms of an ITT wireless radio. It is painful to see grandma almost run over by a bus because the task of answering the cell phone requires her entire mind, body and soul
Matumbo

Postby Lil » 25th January 2013, 00:32

Shalapungu and How Stupid

I dont know why u let technology dictate to you. My resolve is to buy a product that will last me for at least 3 years and make sure I speak to the retailer on a regular basis regarding (which is not what most people will do; but if you keep pushing the retailer they wont fail you and you just might get an upgrade 'free' of charge just because you've been a 'loyal' customer - easy!) this because am spending lots of money acquiring this one item. They reassure me and just tell me to keep my software updated which will keep me going for that long. I dont have the money to keep buying these gigitty gadgets cos am not a gadgety person and am not interested in getting them just as long as I can make calls and rcv/snd texts. I have managed this for 3 years now and am still smiling. Yay!!!!!!!!
Lil

Postby Supavizo » 25th January 2013, 01:02

Lil,
I believe they call it 'kulibonesha'. These days you have got to have the latest gadget because if you don't you feel like a man who has a short penis and is forced to expose himself in public. It is humiliation beyond comprehension for some of these suckers. They'll even skip a meal or buy used underwear just so they can afford that latest gadget. Yes sure ka.
Supavizo

Postby Slumdog Shalapungu » 25th January 2013, 03:09

Supavizo is probably one of those communist buggers with a bosch cellphone on his belt and still wears wenge trousers with coffin shoe bolingo. Listen here supavizo technology is necessary nowadays , and ends out being cheaper in the long run. Take a smart phone for example I get free calls worldwide while my communist friends are still spending close to £50 a month on calling cards. Even That Tv with a lukobo of yours do you know how much it costs over 2 years just to keep it plugged in? You have to move on and catch up with the times otherwise you will be one of these old dinosaurs stuck in the past.
Slumdog Shalapungu

Postby Supavizo » 25th January 2013, 03:39

slum, you just finished whining about the fast pace of technology and how you don't like the way it hits your pocket. Now you switch gears and are claiming your stupid gadgets are cost effective. you little lying son of a !%@#
Supavizo

Postby Slumdog Shalapungu » 25th January 2013, 04:50

You must have not read English comprehension at primary school with those jelita and mulenga . If I was complaining about the cost don't you think I would have avoided buying the items all together . The issue if you cannot wrap your gulumutu around it is manufacturers releasing items slowly to maximise profits rather Than release them in one go when they technology was available . Nice try but your idiot response has failed next time try harder I may buy you a whole pan of ma bunz and a kiyola iceblock .
Slumdog Shalapungu

Postby Supavizo » 25th January 2013, 05:26

slum you semi literate twerp, look at the title of this thread.Then you came bitching about having to work your butt off for so many months so you can save enough coins for your purchase. then you felt you were screwed in the ass when an upgrade came right at the heel of your purchase. Are you stupid or what, boy?
Supavizo

Postby Slumdog shalapungu » 25th January 2013, 15:56

It seems you have been feasting on kandolo without water which in trn is cutting oxygen to your brain making you stupid . The title it the thread is annoying the habits and my complaint is about tech being released in dyonkos rather than one go. But for some strange reason you allude this to money rather that ethical purposes . Listen I don't know what problems you have in life but it it's about money don't project it on me chin up worker harder okay . My advice is to put your back into it when working that mop in those toilets .
Slumdog shalapungu

Postby Supavizo » 25th January 2013, 17:55

slum, so now finally you are admitting you are short on the coin. Why didn't you say so all along? Then don't pretend you can keep up with the gadget race. wamvela kaboyi?
Supavizo

Next Page

Return to Communication companies (Telephone companies, Internet service providers, etc.)