Trying to adopt a foreign accent can make 1 incomprehensible

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Trying to adopt a foreign accent can make 1 incomprehensible

Postby Chimbwi » 2nd October 2014, 07:18

Dear Zambia,

I know this one Zambian chap who is trying not to sound Zambian. The result is that he talks through his nose and sounds like a frog whose neck is being squeezed by a baby crocodile. I'm not even sure if he's trying to imitate an Aussie accent or a German one or perhaps a Jamaican. I do not know!
Chimbwi

Re: Trying to adopt a foreign accent can make 1 incomprehens

Postby mr zambia » 2nd October 2014, 10:53

Chimbwi wrote :
> Dear Zambia,
>
> I know this one Zambian chap who is trying not to sound Zambian. The result
> is that he talks through his nose and sounds like a frog whose neck is
> being squeezed by a baby crocodile. I'm not even sure if he's trying to
> imitate an Aussie accent or a German one or perhaps a Jamaican. I do not
> know!

And what exactly is your point shallow minded.
mr zambia

Postby funky turkey » 3rd October 2014, 19:32

We used to call such chaps gung-stars. From oodrams to kabronga, to chest-on they are all over.

They have the following funny pronunciation that sound like baked beans negitiating their way through a digestive tract:

Kabulonga is Ka- beau- lawn-ger;

Fun is furn or fan
funky turkey

Postby Dress code enforcer of nudity at nude beaches » 3rd October 2014, 19:55

All these fake accent chaps have one thing in common with our resident clown mr zambia. When they see people laughing they think people are applauding them. They have no clue those people are actually laughing at their dumb ass.
Dress code enforcer of nudity at nude beaches

Postby mr zambia » 4th October 2014, 06:04

Dress code enforcer of nudity at nude beaches wrote :
> All these fake accent chaps have one thing in common with our resident
> clown mr zambia. When they see people laughing they think people are
> applauding them. They have no clue those people are actually laughing at
> their dumb ass.

That's the same reason u character name is not a household name dumb ass!
mr zambia

Postby Personnel » 4th October 2014, 06:48

I like the accent of true Zambian English speakers.
Personnel

Postby bum ticker » 5th October 2014, 18:25

The fake fellows can be categorised as follows:

1. The "Pastor" or Past-er. They have a non-descript faux southern USA accent. Most pastors adopt that adopt this pente-accent are usually illiterate and try to hide their dullness with the fake accent.

2. The Nigerian - TBJ accent. This has become common with conmen pastors of the local breed. All they want is a quick buck and to impress Emmanuel TV Fans.

3. There is the used-to-be apamwamba accent. This accent is common among people that were raised in (then) wealthy homes. Generally, these are former UNIP big wigs from Kabulonga, woodlands, Rhodes Park, Park lands and such that attended Catholic schools, Kabulonga, Lake Road Leopards Hill (of that time) and such schools. Usually the accent goes with quite good vocabulary.

4. There is the Kamwala, kabwata and chilenje type dialect. These are serious wanna-be apa mwamba's. They fake the accent described in No.3 above. As usual, all copies are bad. They usually were later scholars at middle level GRZ schools. They can't say "Bemba" and instead say Be-i-mber and other words with a rolling "r" even where it is not designed or required. These usually have limited vocabuary and really try to seem like they are from the No. 3 crowd. Usually dull chaps. BriiiiiaaAaan Mwaaaaaaale

5. The kids of MMD and other dealers. Their parents had little education and didn't know enough to focus on their kids education by exposing them to more than DSTV and expensive schools for dumb rich kids with dumber parents. These kids speak and write a combination of USA thug slang (yo bally's) and sms English. At best, all they can do is hide their true ignorance behind negro American insults. Ask them to think or write in real English and their chizungu falls apart. This accent I call the "newly rich" accent.

6. The natural Zambian accent. This sounds real, un-forced and natural. Herbert Mutabi
bum ticker

Postby mr zambia » 5th October 2014, 20:02

The zambian accent is by far the worst accent in southern africa.
mr zambia

Postby Has edgar Lungu fallen off the wagon? (falling off the wagon is when a chakolwa begins boozing again after a period of abstinence) » 17th February 2015, 19:32

[quote="bum ticker"]The fake fellows can be categorised as follows:

1. The "Pastor" or Past-er. They have a non-descript faux southern USA accent. Most pastors adopt that adopt this pente-accent are usually illiterate and try to hide their dullness with the fake accent.

2. The Nigerian - TBJ accent. This has become common with conmen pastors of the local breed. All they want is a quick buck and to impress Emmanuel TV Fans.

3. There is the used-to-be apamwamba accent. This accent is common among people that were raised in (then) wealthy homes. Generally, these are former UNIP big wigs from Kabulonga, woodlands, Rhodes Park, Park lands and such that attended Catholic schools, Kabulonga, Lake Road Leopards Hill (of that time) and such schools. Usually the accent goes with quite good vocabulary.

4. There is the Kamwala, kabwata and chilenje type dialect. These are serious wanna-be apa mwamba's. They fake the accent described in No.3 above. As usual, all copies are bad. They usually were later scholars at middle level GRZ schools. They can't say "Bemba" and instead say Be-i-mber and other words with a rolling "r" even where it is not designed or required. These usually have limited vocabuary and really try to seem like they are from the No. 3 crowd. Usually dull chaps. BriiiiiaaAaan Mwaaaaaaale

5. The kids of MMD and other dealers. Their parents had little education and didn't know enough to focus on their kids education by exposing them to more than DSTV and expensive schools for dumb rich kids with dumber parents. These kids speak and write a combination of USA thug slang (yo bally's) and sms English. At best, all they can do is hide their true ignorance behind negro American insults. Ask them to think or write in real English and their chizungu falls apart. This accent I call the "newly rich" accent.

6. The natural Zambian accent. This sounds real, un-forced and natural. Herbert Mutabi[/quote]

But you! you have nailed it!!
Has edgar Lungu fallen off the wagon? (falling off the wagon is when a chakolwa begins boozing again after a period of abstinence)

Postby Peruser » 17th February 2015, 22:25

I blame the born again Christians and the evangelists and the Pentecostals for bringing this stupid culture of fake accents to Zambia. Zambians with these fake accents sound like deranged mutants. And when you find a number of them congregated together it's just a freak show of bumbling idiots.

I absorb the Jehovah witnesses of any blame for this crime. The Jehovah witnesses will annoy you to death and they will attache themselves to you like a leech if you let them. But they will do it all in a normal accent.
Peruser

Return to Communication companies (Telephone companies, Internet service providers, etc.)