Sun International

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Sun International

Postby Monica » 19th July 2010, 14:01

Dear Zambia,

My friend and her husband got married and decided to go for a honeymoon at the Royal Livingstone in Livingstone. The got such bad treatment from the staff there i think because they were the only blacks as the majority of the clients there are white...... they told me that in most instances they would not be attended to in time. I don't know whats with us Zambians, why we run to serve whites but the black customer doesn't matter....I know this just doesn't happen at Sun International but alot of other hotels and lodges especially in Livingstone. My fellow Zambians in the service industry may i remind you that when we leave those kwachas at your hotels/lodges there is no white or black written on them so please can we receive equal treatment? we are equally important.

Monica
Monica

Re: Sun International

Postby Whip » 20th July 2010, 10:39

Well noted.

I ll personally never again stay at these two hotels. Their service is apathetic and pathetic towards dark pigmented guests. I was traumatised when i stayed at the Zambezi Sun. They should just even stop advertising those long-weekend getaways they advertise since they value caucasians more. We will spend our holidays in South Africa where they know something about hospitality, and people there are used to seeing enough white people without getting excited.
Whip

Return to Hospitality (Hotels, lodges, motels, bush camps, etc.)