Poor standards for 5 star Taj Pamodzi Hotel

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Poor standards for 5 star Taj Pamodzi Hotel

Postby Kay » 14th August 2010, 00:54

Dear Zambia,

it was so annoying to have my brother's wedding reception at the famous pamodzi hotel a few weeks ago. Well & good their door bouncers are strict & fair so no gate crashers, but hey, the food was terrible to say the least! Some lousy tasteless chicken stew, very tough & chewy tasteless beef stew with a lousy selection of salads! There wasn't even enough rice to meet every guest! They actually ran out of boiled rice! ...the food was cold, they couldn't even serve us warm plates as a 5star hotel should.... The list is endless. The waiters & waitresses look stressed & unfriendly especially when serving food. Could management at the hotel seriously look into their poor service and quickly attend to it before they loose their 5star image. Emulate the splendid service at sandy's creations when it comes to hosting functions, everything is tip-top, expensive yes, but worth the money, cheerful prompt waiters, a wide selection of hot food served on warmed plates...keep it up
Kay

Re: Poor standards for 5 star Taj Pamodzi Hotel

Postby Mbuzi » 14th August 2010, 04:49

pity that. Maybe you should have booked reception room for your baby brother's wedding at sandy's creations in the first place. You know what am saying? I mean,

- ...tip-top
- cheerful prompt waiters
- a wide selection of hot food served on warmed plates...

sounds a lot better than,

- ... lousy tasteless chicken stew
- very tough & chewy tasteless beef stew with a lousy selection of salads
- running out of boiled rice
- cold food
- no warm plates as a 5star hotel should
- waiters & waitresses who look stressed & unfriendly especially when serving food...

But the low point is when there isn't even enough rice to meet every guest! That just does it! Shame on Pamodzi.

Best wishes to the newly weds. Hope their marriage will not sour so quickly like the pamodzi event.
Mbuzi

Postby Jade » 16th August 2010, 21:42

Dear Zambia,

I am not too sure if Taj Pamodzi is a 5 star Hotel. What i am sure of is it dropped to 4 star some time back. Indeed standards have dropped in the past due to change of ownership (the "misers" bought it some years ago), hence employees are de-motivated and lack initiative.
Jade

Postby Spooky » 16th August 2010, 21:58

Jade,

Like you, I have my suspicions about these stars that seem to be handed out to these hotels, arbitrarily. I have stayed at 3-star hotels abroad where the service and accommodations were 5 times better than Taj Pamodzi.
Spooky

Return to Hospitality (Hotels, lodges, motels, bush camps, etc.)