Livingstone Lodges

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Livingstone Lodges

Postby Traveller » 26th April 2011, 11:39

Dear Zambia,
I went to Livingstone for Easter, and stayed at a very comfortable, reasonable, friendly lodge called Limbo Lodge. While I was there I took a drive, just to have a look at a few of the other lodges. I landed up at Thorntree Lodge. Firstly, the security guard refused us to go any further. Evenually he surrended and let us drive through to the lodge, where a man directed us to the Elephant Back rides. We were met by a few guides telling us to "move quickly" before the Director comes and shouts! After trying to delay abit in the car just to have a glimpse of the Elephants, the Director came out and was very rude. Maybe we were potenial customers, but obviously being in a Zambian car, they were not interested. They also warned us that there were Lions walking around, which certainly did not scare us off, not like the gullable Tourists.
We then proceeded to Sussi and Chuma. Same performance at the gate, and we were met with very negative answers for rates etc etc. Again, obviously in a Zambian car, they were not interested.
It is a pity that Zambians cannot enjoy the "Tourist Lodges" aswell, and we are treated like criminals.
I will support and promote the Zambian Lodges all the way, and maybe one day we can treat the Tourists the same.
Traveller

Re: Livingstone Lodges

Postby Tongabull » 27th August 2011, 19:31

Traveller I feel your pain. I have had the same experience with some lodges. Even with guests at the lodges. I had people looking at me like i did not belong in the place and they were boers. They are the ones out of place. Sad thing is even the Zambians working at those places treat you like you shouldnt be there. Very sad. We are treated like this in our country and when we are outside the country too. I wonder what needs to happen for someone to take notice and deal with this. Am sure if someone was racist to me and we got in a fight, even the cops would lock me up and not even bother to find out what happened. Investigations need to be done and close some of these good for nothing lodges. People cant mistreat you in your own country. Zambians, people say we are good people. maybe they mean we are dull. Kindness can be mistaken for for weakness but this is us being weak. Someone cant come in your house and treat you like rubbish. We need to show them that this is our country. Dont be scared of white skin. They are just people like us
Tongabull

Postby The red hood » 27th August 2011, 19:41

What is a 'Zambian car'? did ou drive up in a wire car made of mangishi or a tata car?
The red hood

Postby khazana » 27th August 2011, 21:30

Red hood
Please dont disturb a flow of an important topic like this one by coming in to ask what a zambian car is..... im sure he trying to say, zambian license plate.
Notwithstanding,this behavior by hoteliests needs to be brough to he attention people i zambia that can address this. Does anyone know which Govt department can be consulted to address this behavior?
Whats more important is the mentality by ourselves zambians, we despise each other too much...we are like to say bamoneni.....so even the security guards there might have been in the fore front to try and chase fellow zambians, not becoz you had no money just becoz they thought you wouldnt pay just by verture of your skin color, and your car registration. I find this pathetic and uncalled for.
khazana

Postby Pride & prejudice » 28th August 2011, 00:43

This can only be instilled in Zambia by Zambians if the Govt brings in policy of instilling patriotism in the citizens such as mandatory ZNS like those days etc and discipline.
Patriotism really makes a person proud of his country and his fellow countrymen.
Until Zambians feel proud not out or prejudice but through bringing sustainable development and spiritual discipline there will always be a problem of this nature. Sad!
Pride & prejudice

Postby Ms X » 28th August 2011, 05:52

its not just livingstone lodges... its like 'most foreign business owners' around Zambia has instructed their local workers to be hostile to black african people.
I was pushed out of Rhapsodys by the security guy there like i was a terrorist about to blow up the place, after spending good money on dinner and drinks, the security guy sided up with one the coloured bastards who thought that i was filming them just because i had my digi cam was on the table. The stupid security guard did not even have the courtesy to find out what was going on, he just threw me out without remorse, mind you, I am a grown up person with children as old as Zd's first lady.
Surely the security must have listened to my side first or try and sort out the problem quitely before pouncing on me like a gorilla, It was embarassing the place was packed with foreigners who were shocked at how the security pushed me around. I was visiting Zambia after 15yrs ..and had gone there for a surprise fairwell dinner my niece had arranged.
The coloured bastards said they were married men and thought my camera on the table was filming them chatting up prostitutes in Rhapsodys!!!
Later i found out that prostitutes in rhapsodys always tip security men, waitresses and barmen there for better services. 'foreigners' there can do anything they want, security men will approach them with the tail between their legs, if you are black and you complain you will be thrown out ......
Ms X

Postby Lodge manager » 30th August 2011, 09:43

The "Traveller" who wrote this message forgot to mention that he spoke to me, the manager at Thorntree lodge, and that i invited him in and offered him a drink,and told him that Thorntrees doors are always open to Zambians.In fact we get many Zambians staying here , or coming in for lunch, dinner or a drink.I cannot say what happened at the Elephants, as that is a different company and not under Thorntree management.It is the security guards job to stop EVERYONE who enters this private property and question them.This is for EVERY BODIES safety as there have been robberies at some lodges in the area.Thank you.
Lodge manager

Return to Hospitality (Hotels, lodges, motels, bush camps, etc.)