KANSANSHI MINES EMPLOYMENT CORRUPTION

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

KANSANSHI MINES EMPLOYMENT CORRUPTION

Postby mupeta » 5th March 2012, 09:00

Dear Zambia,

I wish to advise management at kansanshi that is if they ain't already aware of what's goin on. They are pipo from kansanshi that collecting money from young pipo girls and boys to employ. I am writing this because my young brother was just employed by kansanshi using the same gentlemen who charge between K1,500,000 to K2,500,000 non negotiable. They don't even ask "cili course" certificate for employees health status and proper papers before employing. Tho my bro is a qualified electrician the gentlemen only requested to have money deposited in the account. The next thing i got was confirmation after two weeks that he could go and join. I am posting this because i don't want many other young job seekers to borrow to pay these ruthless KANSANSHI GUYS. I am not going to mention names because they will definitely be fired. I have evidence of the deposit slip. So kansanshi senior management pliz check and clean your house
mupeta

Re: KANSANSHI MINES EMPLOYMENT CORRUPTION

Postby Guest » 5th March 2012, 12:59

Sounds a bit like some sour grapes from someone that did not get the job and want to cast a shadow on those that did.

I mean, you put in the profession, period of employment and such like as what? Weak clues or what?

If you really mean it, then why would you expose your brother to a charge of corruption?

Postby mupeta » 5th March 2012, 14:28

this was posted so that other young pipo don't fall victims of borrowing money to be recruited. I paid for my brother to be employed because he tried for 2 years the job was not forth coming. Imagine poor parents that have sacrificed so much for their kids in the hope of looking for jobs only to be asked for more money to pay to be employed!!! all am saying is that it ain't fair to charge these youngsters at all. The guys involved at kansanshi shud stop doing this illegally.... no procedure is apply for a job if qualified can get if not keep trying elsewhere for your qualifications and not PAY FIRST then get job DO YOU UNDERSTAND MY POINT MAN!! ?????????????
mupeta

Postby Guest » 5th March 2012, 19:13

No, not really. You paid for your brothger to get a job that he was desperately in need of. You don't want anyone out there paying for and getting the favour you got. Something does not add up for me. You want people to not do as you do but do as you say.

Sorry bru but you lost me with your hypocrisy. If you want to come clean, do everyone a favour and ask your brother to quick work, THEN expose the corrupt officials.

In the mean time go look up the work HYPOCRIT my friend.

Postby Benson » 5th March 2012, 19:16

this brothger dude, is he some kind of expert in the brothel business?
Benson

Postby Nineteen » 5th March 2012, 21:05

Guest,

What's your problem, dude? The man is trying to expose an alleged criminal activity going on. He states that he had to pay a big chunk of cash for his baby brother to get a job. And his concern is that those guys are taking advantage of young people, some of whom may not be in a position to come up with that kind of cash. Or they might be forced to go into debt just to get a job.

I think that's a legitimate gripe. Ok, so the man had to take desperate measures for his baby brother to secure a job. But he is trying to raise a red flag in the public's interest. It's no hypocrisy. It's PSA. Public service announcement. Why are you hating on the brother? Unless you are the crook charging people to get a job.
Nineteen

Postby Observer » 3rd September 2012, 12:26

Mupeta, this is hypocrisy! Guest is right when he said you lost him. I am lost too. Why don't you want other people to pay in order to get a job like YOU did? Do you want them to continue being jobless? By the way, I find it hard to believe your story. It's like you are the one that failed to get the job and you are bitter about it. There is no way those guys can be employing people in different sections and then continue pocketing money from individuals. Each section will look at their requrements in terms of labour and decide how many people to employ. I guess those people you are allerging that they are making people pay are from HR dept? If so then your story does not hold water because they are not the ones (HR) that will employ say an electrical engineer if the owners of the section don't want him.. Shed more light my brother.......
Observer

Postby Guest » 25th November 2012, 15:07

you know where acc offices are, go and report.

Postby Guest » 19th January 2013, 23:33

is it that u feel guilty of wat u did or u want kansanshi pipo to thank you for exposing the alleged corruption and
give u something like say money or maybe yo bro didnt pay u back so u want to expose him for being ungratful.

Postby Frustrated Sceptic » 20th January 2013, 08:50

Mupeta's problem, IF his story is true, is that getting a job by corruption IS corruption, and should result in everybody involved losing their jobs. If he reports, he fears the consequences more than he cares about stopping corruption, so he chickens out and just encourages more corruption. It is hard to stop corruption appearing when people find themselves in positions of power - just follow the papers on any day and you will know that no institution is immune from this scourge. You cannot stop need, or just plain greed from leading a FEW weak individuals to fall in to corrupt practices. What Mupeta SHOULD have done is reported the corruption instead of joining in. Taking the "its ok for me because I'm desperate, but wrong for everyone else" approach is no different than those who abuse their positions and ask for money in the first place. Mupeta - show some moral courage and report, to the mine or the ACC, both of whom will, as they have done before, worked to find out and call to account those who place personal greed ahead of what is right and legal.
Frustrated Sceptic

Postby HOPE » 21st January 2013, 08:35

that's the problem in unstable societies, if you report a crimanl act you might end up being arrested.. its like a girl failing to report a criminal case to the police because she was raped by the police, kind of thing, you get me!!! Mupeta is fed up of watching people being ripped off, in broad daylight!!! Go on Mr Mupeta, EXPOSE THEM!!

bafisendela mupepi sana pafula.
HOPE

Postby Jade » 7th February 2013, 16:50

My understanding is
1.) This gentleman paid for his brother to get a job
2.) After two weeks his brother was employed
3.) He is warning the rest of Zambia about the corrupt activities that are going on there

I believe it is possible that this is happening.

I do not see how he could be trying to "stop others from getting jobs by paying" - One should never have to pay for a job! Those who pay perpetuate the corruption as well. Either you are qualified or you are not. The gate keepers - HR, Procurement. . . should not enrich themselves on the suffering of others. They already get a salary which they agreed to when they signed up. When you pay - it becomes OK.

I do not understand how "Sour grapes" fits in here. His brother got the job, so why should he be upset? Except for the fact that his brother is qualified and still had to pay to get a job. I can understand him being upset about that.

I agree with him, letting the rest of us know what is going on. I do not agree with him not naming names. Of course they will be fired! That is as it should be. They are nothing but the rotten apple that will spoil the whole barrel.

Everyone else who is hating on this guy for partly blowing the whistle on this disgrace that is just going to take us back to the days of through the roof unemployment, inflation, basic poverty for 99% of the population - you are nothing but a bunch of idiots with corrupt mentalities and therefore can not see what is wrong with this whole set-up. In the real world, where democracy functions as it should - No one pays for a job! And no one finds corruption acceptable as if it's normal!
Jade

Postby Slumdog Shalapungu » 7th February 2013, 20:35

So let me get this straight you went about getting your nephew a job via crooked means and now you are complaining about crooks. Do you not see its people like you that are driving this corruption? Corruption would not exist in zambia if the majority of people did not partake in some sort of corruption anyhow. You sir are pissing in the wind and complaining that you are covered in piss. If you had any ounce of integrity you would have stood fast and said no and given you nephew a shomeka, salad and flour to start frying vitumbuwa for a living
Slumdog Shalapungu

Postby Mbelele » 8th February 2013, 21:16

Shalapungu,

you have some serious issues. Maybe as someone said, you are just in a hurry to look smart.

Go back and read the initial post. This guy has a legitimate complaint. And any Zambian knows that this shit happens all over the place in this country. And most people find themselves in the awkward position of paying up or losing a rare opportunity. If this guy is trying to bring attention to this scourge, why are you shooting him down??
Mbelele

Postby Mbelele » 8th February 2013, 21:22

Mupeta bro, don't pay attention to Shalapungu's shenanigans. He’s the one with a problem, not you. He always has this strange urge to open his mouth even when his skull is totally empty of any sense. That’s why you see him talking so much shit because he doesn’t know when to keep his mouth shut.
Mbelele

Postby Slumdog Shalapungu » 8th February 2013, 23:14

Mbelelele ever heard of the term not a single snowflake ever feels responsible for the avalanche? Aha yes you see This idiot threadstarter is part of the problem and is complaining about the problem so how can the problem be solved. If people like him did not exist that were willing to bride the employer dude woouldn't be so much as bold to ask for the bribe. I do not see how anyone with brain cell cannot see that. This is the reason why corruption is so prevalent pa zed because EVERYONE save for a few actually have integrity and honour, But let them hear a politician is corrupt all you will hear is none stop chimbwi cries of 'colluption colluption'. So long as people like Mbelele and the threadstarter exist they will always be someone to on the other end to receive the cash , the 2 go together like tuvi's and green inzi's . You never see the green inzi complaining about people taking dumps do you
Slumdog Shalapungu

Postby Guest » 18th February 2013, 08:37

Dont just do this because your brother has pay back the sum he borowed from you,you are not clever by saying that God help thos who help them selvs. Or becaus your brothe hes on better posistion? It could more miningful if you refuse to give your brothe that sum.watch out

Postby jacob » 18th February 2013, 10:42

y don't yu mind yo on bine aala!!!!!1
jacob

Postby Guest » 19th February 2013, 20:56

jacob r u talkin to me?but you have a problem wit your brothe,don't blame me for yourfailures my bro. You andyour brother shud clean your own dirty laundry.watch yo mouth

Postby mwamba » 9th March 2013, 21:11

Mupeta is somehow wrong to have allowed his brother get a job corruptly & now u-turns and report it as a crime....after you've benefited!!!! Man get serious! And you do not even want to expose the culprits least they're fired & you won't find another one to help you,right? So why are you reporting if you have full infor.but you don't want to give it to the people you want to correct the situation? On the other hand Mupeta has done well because he doesn't want a bad thing to continue because its damaging the image of Kansanshi & if people will be employed based on their wallet value then professionalism will be lost. Its never too late Mupeta,well done....at least u've realised fast.
mwamba

Next Page

Return to Hospitality (Hotels, lodges, motels, bush camps, etc.)