Lodges everywhere !

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Lodges everywhere !

Postby Ba Mwisho » 9th July 2010, 11:35

Dear Zambia,
most guesthouses are brothels,they even shamelessly quote you by the hour,calling it ''bedrest''.Who regulates / allows these mushrooming lodges in residential areas?almost every street you drive into has a lodge.in Kitwe's Nkana west its really pitiful,these guesthouses even allow underage patrons,school going children to use their services...God help Zambia.
In Lusaka's Kabwata area ,there's one called "Chile Danfous University House"....its a dirty,filthy,smelly sex den and the authorities just dont do anything about it.
Ba Mwisho

Re: Lodges everywhere !

Postby Plam Groves » 26th September 2010, 15:30

True true...on my transit to europe from Southafrica i had to spend three nights in Lusaka i booked my self in a guesthouse near Northmeads center(the cheapest i could find), the room was smelling of previous occupants, beddings were stained and stinking, toilet and shower cabin filthy for $70 US. per night.. Mind you that is more than peoples monthly salary working for MTN in the Canteen, or chinese companys etc... What i thought were married men with girls young enough to be their daughters or granddaughters who were obviously prostitutes eyed me up and down wondering how i could afford to stay at an expensive place like that just to sleep. I wonder why people are so quiet about this, is it that many who read these comments are landlords of such filthy sex dens, who mislead tourist to be trapped in their filth?
Plam Groves

Return to Hospitality (Hotels, lodges, motels, bush camps, etc.)