Racism at Jolly Boys Backpackers In Livingstone

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Re: Racism at Jolly Boys Backpackers In Livingstone

Postby Black Skinhead » 4th January 2011, 18:00

We should put up a banner at the International airport and all border post that says racists are not welcome in Zambia! Otherwise we will invite some Zim brotha's to come and show those rednecks 'The Mugabe Law' those muzungus with racist attitudes in livingstone must be kicked out Zambia ASAP as a warning to all racists squatting on our beloved land!
Black Skinhead

Postby Uno momento » 4th January 2011, 22:33

Dear B.S.

So this is your big brilliant idea you have laboured all these years, to unveil? To unhook some banners and let them fly all over our ports of entry, shooing away racist buggars. This is your eureka moment. Your big epiphany.

B.S. iwe!! what is even more curious is the way you make your case with a perfect straight face. Not even one comical hint.
Uno momento

Postby Broken Hill » 5th January 2011, 11:23

there is nothing comical when a black person is being discriminated against why should any sensible black person joke about revenge? My family and I went to a neighbouring country for Xmas after booking the trip and accomodation online, finally we arrived at kleinwindhoek guesthouse and got to the front desk we said a warm hello the white b i tc h did'nt even look up to welcome us as guests, we brushed it off and thought she probably had a bad day and did'nt let that spoil our day, later after taking a shower we went into windhoek city to grab a bite getting back to the guestshouse we found our three laptops, ipod, iphone and electric shavers stolen. We confronted the front desk the b itch finally gave us a 'dirty smile' police was called but before that, the security guard was fired infront of us, calling him a stupid kaffer in afrikaanes and other derogatory names, the black guy just stood there looking down taking all the insults!!! This is how they want their workers to behave at jolly boys in livingstone when muzungu barks the black worker should not answer back but take all the insults... well travelled african like me who knows his/her rights are feared by these white makwere kwere's least you expose their filth, yes they deal in drugs, who knows maybe human trafficking and other dubious activities. Keep an eye on them they want to keep us out so that they plan their dirty deals in private surrounded by submissive workers!
Broken Hill

Postby Muntublest » 5th January 2011, 17:17

BH,

I found Windhoek to be totally racist especially at their hotels. Its like white people have taken over this beautiful place who have no regard for the indegenous black people. Their air is literally pregnant with racism. I happened to use the hotel shuttle for that hotel near the city airport which was full of white people and everyone was shunning my seat! Imagine, in this day and age.
Muntublest

Postby Bushman » 5th January 2011, 18:23

BH,
God willing, you have learnt your lesson well. Next Christmas spend your hard earned kwacha at home instead of going to give it to racists
Bushman

Postby Black Soil » 5th January 2011, 19:09

as africans we should be able to visit around our countries, neighbouring countries without fearing that muzungus there will not accept us, imagine visitng kenya just to be met by racist nazis if i decide to visit kenya, i expect to be met be kenyans, taste their nyama choma, kachumbari, drink tusker beer, meet locals, etc... not rednecks with hitler flags hidden in their offices on black soil.
Black Soil

Postby Kombwe » 5th January 2011, 20:15

Muntublest,

when those whites were shunning your seat, don't take too much offense. They were afraid you might beat them up. It's called guilt. A lot of whites have it. I kid you not.

Last summer I went walking on the beach with my girl. We had not planned on it so I was not dressed for it. Anyway, we came upon an area where the water from the ocean had created some kind of stream. It was too wide for me to jump over so I started taking off my shoes. As I bent over, this white lad came over and said, sir you don't have to take your shoe off, I can give you a ride on my back. I said, what? He's like, sure no worries, just hop on my back. And to make matters worse, this lad was walking with his girl. Out of curiosity than anything else, I said ok. And sure enough, the lad carried me across. And he was so proud and happy as if I am the one who had done him a favor. My poor girl, she had to take off her shoes. She's not Black. And she didn't let me hear the end of that story. She said she was even tempted to take a picture of the spectacle with her phone but decided not to because she did not want to make a circus of an already embarrassing situation. ha ha.
Kombwe

Postby Wantanshi » 6th January 2011, 05:08

Manase,

If God was a she then the Lord's prayer would be "Our mother who art in Heaven hallowed be thy name", or Jesus Christ would have said " the Mother who sent me is greater than I am", John 14:28 or Jesus would be referred to as the "daughter of God" instead of son of God.

Now back to main topic.

Jolly Back Packers should have been closed and the owners kicked out Zambia if the leadership had been concerned. If racism at this joint is as blatant and brazen as you portray it here surely the authorities would have got wind of it and acted. If it has been reported and they have failed to take action against the owners of this backpack then we as Zambians are to blame to allow such a loathsome disease to fester in our midst. We are our worst enemies and deserve what is dished out to us. To deport one Indian over racist remarks and ignore what is happening at Jolly bp is selective justice.
Wantanshi

Postby Manase » 6th January 2011, 06:33

Wanshabantansi

Who ever told you your lord’s prayer holds the ultimate truth about God’s gender? These lies! I don’t know how they get propagated everywhere. Now someone is going to pretend ati his lord’s prayer is the final word on the divine. Come on, get real.
Manase

Postby Manase » 6th January 2011, 06:38

Wantanshi Wantanshi Wantanshi. Sorry, it’s my dyslexia. I can read just fine, but re-writing weird words sometimes presents a challenge.

Wantanshi, I beg your pardon.
Manase

Postby Jonathan » 6th January 2011, 07:05

There are some other lodges in Livingstone with muzungu owners. One of them seems to be reknowned for yelling at underpaid local Zed staff.
it surprises me that Zed government does not take action on this. Racism is punishable in USA and western countries.
Jonathan

Postby beiber » 6th January 2011, 08:15

Wantanshi

you are right, if authorities were even the least bit concerned abt it all, things would be different, it surely is selective justice and the dogs have really come to zambia...
beiber

Postby Wantanshi » 6th January 2011, 08:39

Manase,
Eya! you got it right. Thanks. Our names mean so much that we get annoyed when they trashed, trampled upon and dragged through the mud.
Wantanshi

Postby Wantanshi » 6th January 2011, 09:35

beiber,

I read earlier on this topic that the owners are also police reservists. If this is true then probably that's the reason they are so cocky. But it's strange that the authorities have done nothing about it. Did you say Zambia has gone to the dogs? Yep! and the dogs are having a field day!
Wantanshi

Postby MC » 18th January 2011, 10:38

Big 1,
if you need some side kick as you rise hell at some of these places in Livingstone,am with you.i have a history in violence and a arge to K**
MC

Postby zambian alkaida » 18th January 2011, 10:56

we need to bomb that place or even K*** the owners of this mentioned place.kim and who ever your days are numbered
zambian alkaida

Postby ali » 27th January 2011, 15:08

Zambian alkaida,
IWE, change your name before you comment, their is no difference between alkaida(AL Qaeda) and racist
ali

Postby Bantu Soil » 27th January 2011, 15:44

Zed Alkaida do you mean a throwing a molotov cocktail on one of the thatched huts?
Bantu Soil

Postby Bantu Soil » 28th January 2011, 09:33

molotov cocktail = petrol bomb
Bantu Soil

Postby Guest » 26th March 2011, 16:26

Wanna quit racism in Zambia? Want total respect? It all starts with you guys. Treat your fellow Zambians better. Too often i've seen some big f***ing bwana treating poorer compatriots like total trash. In the three years i've been in Zambia and i don't think i've ever seen a white person treat zambians as badly as i've seen big bwanas treat their fellow zambians. Your aristocratic rich brothers are the people that really need to learn a lesson. Treat each other with equality and maybe you might gain enough solidarity to rid racism from your country.

Just sayin i'm only sayin.

Previous Page Next Page

Return to Hospitality (Hotels, lodges, motels, bush camps, etc.)