Racism at Jolly Boys Backpackers In Livingstone

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Re: Racism at Jolly Boys Backpackers In Livingstone

Postby Clear » 28th March 2011, 22:19

Guest wrote :
>
> and i don't think i've ever seen a white person
> treat zambians as badly as i've seen big bwanas treat their fellow
> zambians.

This in of itself, does not prove lack of racism in the white bwana. A black bwana feels free to treat his fellow blacks like trash because he figures this is his country. On the other hand, a white bwana is afraid if he treats his black workers like trash, he might get slain, slaughtered, butchered, assassinated, exterminated, executed.

That's the difference between a black bwana and a white bwana in Zambia.
Clear

Postby MM » 29th March 2011, 08:29

THERE I DONT AGREE WITH U.
HAVE U THOUGHT THAT A WHITE BWANA MIGHT TREAT THEIR WORKERS WELL OUT OF COMPASSION, KINDNESS AND CONSIDERATION?
I DONT FEAR ANY OF MY WORKERS , SIMPLY CONSIDER THEM A FAMILY. THATS ALL.
MM

Postby Clear » 29th March 2011, 16:55

MM,
I think I agree with you. The white bwana could be all those things. Compassionate, kind, considerate. It's possible. What I said is, a white bwana treating his workers better than a black bwana, does not prove lack of racism in the white bwana. I have known some racists who are not so openly racist via their actions but they do harbor an ideology that suggests the black man is inferior to the white man.

It's like this MM. Many dog lovers have no doubt about the dog's inferiority to man. But they still shower their dogs with kindness, compassion, consideration and much more.

But again, it is quite possible that a white bwana can treat his workers nicely out of a pure motive and with no racist tendencies or hang-ups. It's possible.
Clear

Postby MM » 29th March 2011, 17:19

FIRST OF ALL I SHOWER MY DOG WITH LOVE, BUT I STILL CONSIDER IT INFERIOR TO ME.BUT THATS NOT BEING A RACIST.
NOW I WILL TELL U ,I DONT LIKE STUPID IGNORANT, BACKWARDS, CONCLUDERERS, BUT THAT STIL DONT MAKE ME A RACIST.
MM

Postby Clear » 29th March 2011, 17:23

MM,
Once again, I think I agree with you.
Clear

Postby Melanie » 27th July 2011, 13:07

Dear Karen,

I cant take this as an accurate account either as I have had friends and work colleagues of every colour - white, black, indian and coloured all stay at Jollyboys and they have never ever complained about the place.
Melanie

Postby Fox » 27th July 2011, 14:48

This jolly boys is well known for sodoma and gomora,where two strangers male and female are made to a room,and guest are always in pairs.Gays are also found parading the place.
Now even if they are racist i think its not worth it,unless u fall in the above category.
Fox

Postby the eye » 27th July 2011, 14:55

IN COMPLETE DARKNESS WE ARE ALL THE SAME, IT'S ONLY OUR KNOWLEDGE THAT SEPARATES US...DON'T LET YOUR EYES DECEIVE YOU.
the eye

Postby Native » 27th July 2011, 20:21

the eye wrote :
> IN COMPLETE DARKNESS WE ARE ALL THE SAME, IT'S ONLY OUR KNOWLEDGE THAT
> SEPARATES US...DON'T LET YOUR EYES DECEIVE YOU.

You are right, The eye.

Another place we are all the same is "down there". Yes sir. All the white explorers of previous centuries were given this basic lesson. When they go to those far away jungles and the bible fails to save their butt and nothing else stands between them and a bunch of blood thirsty "natives" they were told to drop their pants. expose their penis and testicles and everything. They were told to come clean as mere human beings. For when those "savages" saw that the muzungus have got a penis just like them, they will see the humanity in them. And they will be less inclined to have them for lunch. I mean, eat them.

So yes, we are all the same down there.
Native

Postby Reason » 28th July 2011, 09:53

Native,

You are talking French my friend, others call it B.s.
Reason

Postby Native » 23rd July 2012, 19:11

Reason wrote :
> Native,
>
> You are talking French my friend, others call it B.s.

B.S. he he he!!I iwe ka Reason, you have tickled me to death!

well, maybe so. Maybe it's B.S. B.S. that went down exactly as I narrate it though.
Native

GjBTHUkGQdwE

Postby Dette » 27th August 2012, 09:14

Hey ..I never seem to see black people wialkng around with red puffy eyes, runny noses and having sneezing fits; but that can't be true, can it? Seriously.
Dette

Postby Nunsha » 27th August 2012, 20:55

How's the racism at Jolly boys backpackers in Livingstone these days?

And by the way, three cheers to the chap who said he urinated in the drink of a racist man after the man had steeped away to visit the loo. I hope it was just enough urine as to blend in with that drink so he was able to guzzle it down. Again, cheers!
Nunsha

Postby Quantum » 27th August 2012, 21:14

Fox wrote :
> This jolly boys is well known for sodoma and gomora,where two strangers
> male and female are made to a room,and guest are always in pairs.Gays are
> also found parading the place.
> Now even if they are racist i think its not worth it,unless u fall in the
> above category.

Fox boy, tell me more about your gay sex fetishes. How did you come to be fixated with such? I only ask because you broght it up. Be advised however, that I do not pass judgement on you.
Quantum

Postby JB » 29th April 2013, 20:32

yo guys,

I thought it's about time you give us an update. How are those racist boys doing at Jolly boys these days? Have they been civilized yet? Or maybe them boys are still afraid of the pain. Just like the man himself once said.

"I imagine one of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they sense, once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with pain."
JB

Postby Stephanie Johnson » 5th May 2013, 22:05

Hi Archie,

Thank you so much for posting your letter onto this forum, I am a first time backpacker departing for my trip to Livingstone in two months and have been looking for lodges for accomodation. Clearly there is a large amount of foreign investment in the tourist industry throughout Livingstone, but being an outsider from the Country, let alone continent, I do not want to support any unethical practices such as those that you have outlined in your forum. Seeing as I will be traveling to the area however, I was hoping that you could lead me to find accomodation that is locally owned and run. I am on a budget but I would far rather put my money towards accomodation where I know the outcome of my stay is a mutally beneficial one, rather than a destructive one.

Thank you once again,

Stephanie
Stephanie Johnson

Postby Kamwendo » 6th May 2013, 21:26

iwe ka Shalapungu,
the nice lady is asking a serious question and all you can do is laugh your silly ass off. what's wrong with you?

Ms Johnson,
like you, the only thing I know about Livingstone is to stay the heck away from this jolly Boys joint. From the accounts on this thread, it sounds like a stinking toilet and a magnet for lowlives. I hope you will enjoy your visit to Livingstone and avoid any stupid racist establishments.
Kamwendo

Postby Chinkwa » 6th May 2013, 22:31

iwe Andrew,,, is this a true story or did you just cook it up over a few Mosi? or maybe a calabash of the local brew. I can speak from personal experience. when me and my boys start to drink, we can blow some hot air, am telling you. We can solve all of mankind's problems in a single night. we can even make Zambia a major player in outer-space exploration, colonizing far away galaxies and shit. that booze, it can go to one's head ka.

Andrew wrote :
> South African Archbishop Desmond Tutu walked by a construction site on a
> temporary sidewalk the width of one person. A white man appeared at the
> other end, recognized Tutu, and said, "I don't make way for
> gorillas." At which Tutu stepped aside, made a deep sweeping gesture,
> and said, "Ah, yes, but I do." Guess this is what zambians are
> supposed to do to the Jolly Boys Management
Chinkwa

Previous Page Next Page

Return to Hospitality (Hotels, lodges, motels, bush camps, etc.)