Minister's house not so pleasing

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Minister's house not so pleasing

Postby Banner » 11th October 2010, 21:44

Dear Zambia,

if one time as a livingstone resident you try and take a friend from another town out for a walk along kanyata avenue,and on the way ask them to guess which one is the minister's residence.
There first guess or probably their ultimate decision would go on Mr Wright's residence.
Ask me why,
because the minister's residence is not as neat as mine,i don't see any greens as it was suposed to be,for that im highly disappointed for their failure to maintain the residence,because to me simply they have nothing to worry about coz they have no bills to pay,water bill is a stranger to em,so i would realy like to see a difference between the minister's residence and ordinary residents
Banner

Re: Minister's house not so pleasing

Postby Shaft » 11th October 2010, 22:06

Already you are making me suspicious. If you are willing to reveal your name as Mr. Wright, why did you sign your ID as Banner?

And secondly, why should we expect a minister's house to be very neat? They are men of God. They are supposed to be humble and not too concerned about worldly appearances. I don't get your point.
Shaft

Postby Teacher » 12th October 2010, 06:58

Once again we have someone calling himself Shaft this time, who has not lived in Zambia for a long time not understanding that in Zambia, the default meaning of the word minister is Government Minister, not church minister. Because he hasn't lived here in a long time but still wants to discuss everything (under different names), he keeps getting confused.
Teacher

Postby Cindy » 12th October 2010, 10:04

Ahaha! Shaft my friend, that was one message for you from Teacher. It's best you return home and get yourself acquianted with the way systems operate here, then your comments will be "appreciated'. Coz eeh... with the NIPA topic? Those souls will want your blood! I know you can be contraversial!
Cindy

Postby Shaft » 12th October 2010, 17:08

Teacher, it's you again. Have you been following me around?

Cindy my dear, I'm sure when I do return, you will bring me up to speed as to all the latest terminology and so forth. But please excuse my ignorance. I always try not to go by american english and apply it to Zambian matters. By the definition of the Oxford dic. the first item under 'minister' is the clergy meaning and then the government goon comes next. That's why I run to clergy first.

So what's the deal with this government minister in Livingstone? No maids or what?

I am sure if I listen very closely, I might hear the Teacher lose his temper again. he he
Shaft

Postby Shaft » 12th October 2010, 18:31

Dear Teacher,

I actually want to thank you for your voluntary acknowledgment of expertise in this topic. Because I still have one nagging question.

What is the connection between Mr. Banner, Mr. Wright and the house that is neater than the minister's? Government minister's, that is.

I am asking just out of curiosity really. You don't have to respond because honestly, my life is not riding on Mr. Wright's or Mr. Banner's neat house. Not even the government minister's untidy yard. Feel free to tell me to bugger off if you don't want to waste your time responding to my none essential question.

Maybe next time I'm in Zambia I should make it a point to stroll into Livingstone and play that guessing game as suggested by Mr. Banner. But me being me, I'll probably point out the museum as the minister's house.

Thanks.
Shaft

Postby Teacher » 12th October 2010, 20:59

I think the man is trying to say that if the minister can't keep his house in order (literally), how can we trust him to keep our house in order (figuratively). Or to use another saying, charity begins at home!
Teacher

Postby Shaft » 12th October 2010, 21:11

Teacher, Thank you for that. To be perfectly honest with you, I never saw it from that angle. I think you have a point.
Shaft

Postby Banner » 13th October 2010, 00:26

For heaven's sake,get used 2 da zam environment,1 thing you got 2 know is that mr wright is one organised organism,thats the reason im so very much refering 2 him,
Banner

Postby Shaft » 13th October 2010, 00:44

Banner,

The nice Teacher already broke it down for me. I realize with my big mouth I am bound to get caught up in a mêlée that was none of my business to begin with. I'm sorry. I will try to watch this big mouth of mine.

Thanks mudala. If I'm ever in Livingstone I'll still try to play your guessing game. Guess who's yard has no green grass in sight. That is if that minister hasn't been booted already from the cabinet for failing to grow grass.
Shaft

Postby shancy » 6th January 2011, 12:21

@Shaft its clearly obvious you have never ever been to l/stone coz the name wright wud have rung a bell and ure commenting as if u have seen the ministers house when clearly u have never,its a pity.
shancy

Postby irate » 6th January 2011, 17:57

Let me just state this as plainly as possible. People who write like shancy irritate the hell out of me. Is it laziness? idiocy? adolescence? what?
irate

Return to Hospitality (Hotels, lodges, motels, bush camps, etc.)