Game Stores

» Reply to this Letter   or   Write a new Letter to Zambia (start new topic)

Game Stores

Postby Tired Zambian » 20th September 2010, 14:12

Dear Zambia,

Dear Zambia,

I have bought quite a lot items from Game Stores as Im sure many of us have. Last sunday, I went with a friend to look for a pair of trainers. We found a couple that we liked that were on display on the far wall after all the gym equipment. Looking in vain for a sales person to assist us, as obviously all the shoes on display were half of a pair, i managed to find one by the tennis table. I asked him to help us with the shoes as we wanted a size 8 and he looked up and said, I'll be with you after I finish stacking these juice bottles. Yes he was stocking the shelves but isn't a customer's request important? I ended up looking for the shoe myself and even though this took over half an hour, this sales 'assistant' could not be bothered helping us.
This is not the first incident I have had at this store. I went looking for a storage box and when I couldn't find a certain type, I went to look for someone to help me. His reply, it's in that area there behind the tents etc. Another time the reply was,'that's not my department.' Granted, you have your own departments where only you'd know where the items are BUT surely you can find someone to help us.
Why, you may ask, do I still keep going to Game Stores if the service is so pathetic? Because I cannot find another place that is open during weekends stocking the items I am looking for. Should a DIY store (cheaper than MICA please) opens, i'd drop Game Stores in a heartbeat. It seems some of the attitude spreads around the mall, Shoprite has an appalling state of customer service. I was charged for an item I did not pick off the shelves (I didn't even have the item in my bags!!!) and when I went to state this, the manager was like ok, we can't give you a cash refund. I told him I do not need a cash refund as I was buying more things anyway so they could knock the amount off my new bill. Guess what? The manager was no longer there when I finished my meagre shopping of 2 bottles of milk and bread! So I lost out.
If I'm looking for something, the best way is to go aisle by aisle until you find it or are exhausted. If you ask the stockers, where is this item? they'll tell you it is in the next aisle or in aisle 4. It's a pleasure to shop when the shop is new, let's see how Pick N Pay lasts.
Till the next time...I remain a Tired Zambian
Tired Zambian

Re: Game Stores

Postby Inspector » 20th September 2010, 15:17

It's the General Manager's fault in all these joints. The buck stops there. Those assistants can't do the right thing if they haven't been trained to do the right thing. It's that simple.
Inspector

Postby Tired Zambian » 24th September 2010, 14:15

but it's not just the mananger's fault, the assistants just don't want to help. they are just lazy, trust me i have worked in department stores all over the world but i've never seen laziness as displayed here. they just want money for doing nothing
Tired Zambian

Postby kazana » 24th September 2010, 15:02

Zambians, lets not just end at noticing mistakes,and just vocalise them. Observe them with a business mind,look at them and think of ways you can improve your own business. Own your Game stores and implement the ideas or changes you see missing. Thats how business revolves. Its all about survival of the fittest,like in jungle world. Game stores can never see a reason to change their way unless their is enough competition,but as of now, they have the monopoly. Only competition will make them go back to their drawing board and see whats mising, as of now, everything is working, they are bringging in positive cash flow. So insteady of complaining when we see mistakes lets use them as opportunities to provide competion. As i write this note, Blockbuster has just filed for bankruptancy protection, and i know its because of bad business strategies, and the coming in of REDBOX. Which brings me to the next topic...................
kazana

Postby Tired Zambian » 27th September 2010, 16:29

You may not know it Kazana, but I DID vocalise these 'mistakes' to the managers at Game Stores and it seems that they have not done anything about these complaints about their staff!!!
Tired Zambian

Postby Tim » 17th December 2010, 14:44

What really annoys me about the way they operate, they have a lot of items prominently displayed with big stickers or signs advertising "2 Years Warranty" or "2 plus 3 Warranty". But Game will only offer one year. How dishonest is that? Just take off the stickers or honour them, you can't have it both ways. And like other people's complaints, this is a management issue, an attitude of disrespect, dishonesty and uncaring. Not a great way to do business.
Tim

Postby SHANCY » 12th January 2012, 10:02

A similar thing happened to me this week,i was in the lightning dept i asked one of the attendents there abt something he said he would be coming in a minute and he went for good. i waitd for a gud 15 mints and when i saw some one else i asked for he's assistance he answered arrogantly that he didnt knw anything abt lightning and i sholud wait for the person assigned to the same section which i tod him that i had been waiting like forever later onwards i heard him asking his workmates who was assisned to section 6 laughing saying a customer has been waiting forever .The overrall attitude of that man showed little or no respect for customers or his work and i made it a point b4 i left to bring him bck to earth there is no reason why sum1 shud act like he is on cloud 9 jst becoz he works for game,game is jst a SHOP ,where on earth have u ever found a worker laughing at a client in the clients presence,TREAT UR CUSTOMERS RIGHT AND U LL BE RESPECTED,DISRESPECT THEM AND THEY LL REMAIND U,WHAT A WORTHLESS JOB U HAVE.
SHANCY

Postby Complaints of the season » 12th January 2012, 10:29

I agree with tired zambian we all have been subjected to these lazy workers at game stores man and women staff they do not want to give the service to the costumers who are paying their salaries let game stores change and improve on staff members attitudes towards clients and remove them if necessary as i always say its the mindset of employees
Complaints of the season

Postby april » 12th January 2012, 12:14

Tired Zambian the solution to this, is to fire those that dont want to work after all they are so many loafers who needs his job.
april

Postby aristotle » 12th January 2012, 12:36

They behave like what they are, glorified school children that do not know the difference between the hand that feeds them and Mr. Bean.

I honestly miss the school days when corpral punishment was the norm. If some of the could be applied how nice it would be. "Close the shop, line up, you're all getting a whipping!"

I bet they'd change their attitude quick, fast and in a hurry.
aristotle

Postby Choirboy » 12th January 2012, 20:25

Aristotle,

Maybe you should join Opus dei. They are a fanatic sect of the Catholic church who whip themselves with a chain to mimic the suffering of Jesus on the cross.
Choirboy

Postby Guest » 12th January 2012, 23:23

@choirboy - man I had about seven times the required dosage of whippings during my school years.

What do they call that again. Flagellation! Bad idea, sir. If I want pain, I'll mix my alcohol (6 castle, 4 mosi, 4 shots of Johnny Walker and 4 of ugly Jack Daniels) and have a hang over that could only be the work of the devil.

But back to the game staff, someone really needs to give them a right royal kick in the nuts for the pain and suffering they cause.

Postby Guest » 27th May 2012, 09:24

i had the same thing happen just last week trying to buy a tv from game with two game employees having a chat about their friend ,trying to ask them they just looked up irritated i interrupted the gossip and said go and find the 'guy' that side pointing after about fifteen minutes of waiting around i left, not the most helpful staff there i ended up going to homecorp

Postby poor service » 26th November 2012, 16:50

I blame no 1 but ol of us we don't do anything about it that's y it will never stop...

Av had similar incidents. There is a saying that a customer is never wrong. I have been to places received poor service sometimes I shout at these people and when I do I hear other customers in the back saying his just over reacting etc.

That's why people will alway take advantage of us.
poor service

Postby Chibibo » 26th November 2012, 19:34

poor service

Is your bad English deliberate or genuine?
Chibibo

Postby Tambu » 26th November 2012, 21:01

Game Stores staff are terrible, if it's because they are underpaid or underpaid something has to change. I have had such bad treatment such that I now prefer buying all that I can from little supermarkets like Flamingo in Kalingalinga. The prices may be a K1000 higher and the groceries a little dusty because of the location but the staff smiles all the time and treats me like a queen; they will offer to show you where stuff is even without being asked. The owners are there all the time and they chat with their workers freely and at one time I was rewarded with a bar of chocolate as thank you for buying a bit more than usual. i will not go where I spend an extra hour being ignored when I can be served in good time and with smiles. The till packers even assist with carrying heavy bags. Needless to say Game is making a killing so couldn't care less about it's customers but I for one will go elsewhere and even though I may not be missed at least I will smile while shopping.
Tambu

Postby Chikusi » 26th November 2012, 21:22

Tambu,
to each his own. Me, I'd rather be greeted by rude store employees and treated like shit, only if I can save that K1,000 and buy groceries with no dust on them. That's just me.

Matter of fact, just the other day I was in one such supermarket where employees offer no help whatsoever. I was prompted to grab a ladder so I could get some bottles of cooking oil that were beyond reach. Then some old lady assumed I was a store employee so she asked me if I could grab a bottle for her. Which I obliged. and then another customer asked for the same thing and then another.

Anyway, long story short, two of the customers gave me a tip. So here I was doing my shopping and getting tips from fellow customers. That's my kind of store.
Chikusi

Postby I’mAnIdiotAlso!! » 26th November 2012, 22:40

Supermarket Owner Gives Away Stores to his 400 Employees
By Melissa Knowles - Trending Now - 1 hr 21 mins ago

Joe Lueken, who owns and manages two grocery stores in Bemidji, Minnesota, and one in Wahpeton, North Dakota, is retiring at age 70. Instead of selling his stores to the highest bidder, though, he will transfer ownership to the stores' 400 or so employees.

The employees will participate in an employee stock ownership program, receiving shares of Lueken's Village Foods based on length of service and salary -- and at no cost to them. The program to transfer ownership from the Lueken family to the employees will begin on January 1, 2013.

He explained his reason for turning over ownership to his employees: "My employees are largely responsible for any success I've had, and they deserve to get some of the benefits of that." He says he received a number of lucrative offers for his business, but he and his family realize what the supermarkets do for the community, and they believe this will be a better deal for them and the 13,000 residents of Bemidji. "You can't always take," Lueken says. "You also have to give back."

In his retirement, he and his wife, Janice, want to travel, and they hope to leave a lasting legacy. Lueken stresses the importance of "doing the right thing" for people, empowering them to help themselves and others.

Lueken will be leaving his employees in trusted hands: Last week, he named longtime employee Brent Sicard as the company's new president and CEO. Sicard started out as an overnight janitor at Lueken's Village Foods in 1998 and has worked his way up.
I’mAnIdiotAlso!!

Postby Tambu » 27th November 2012, 21:28

Chikusi wrote :
> Tambu,
> to each his own. Me, I'd rather be greeted by rude store employees and
> treated like shit, only if I can save that K1,000 and buy groceries with no
> dust on them. That's just me.
>
> Matter of fact, just the other day I was in one such supermarket where
> employees offer no help whatsoever. I was prompted to grab a ladder so I
> could get some bottles of cooking oil that were beyond reach. Then some old
> lady assumed I was a store employee so she asked me if I could grab a
> bottle for her. Which I obliged. and then another customer asked for the
> same thing and then another.
>
> Anyway, long story short, two of the customers gave me a tip. So here I was
> doing my shopping and getting tips from fellow customers. That's my kind of
> store.

I need to who there too, where is that? Lol!
Tambu

Postby Guest » 26th December 2012, 14:45

It boils down to bad management. Thats all. And very few customers actually actively and LOUDLY complaining and demanding the service they are paying for. I would not have searched for that shoe. I would have told off that assistant so badly that he would have sprinted to get the shoe just so that I would shut up. And then I would have still loudly complained to the manager and told him off as well. Demand what you pay for. Part of their price includes a service. Demand that service. Game staff have had numerous severe tellings off by me, but Im ever the only person kicking up a fuss

Next Page

Return to Retail Shops (Supermarkets, stores, shops, etc.)